Finding a place.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kframe, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Oh that's not my schedule, but the evening training schedule of the gym. I agree that just hitting the conditioning and boxing initially would be the safest bet, and I have some, little experience in boxing so it wont be a total train wreck.

Now I would love to get to the point were I can do all of that. Would be epic. It did not occur to me that, their class's may just be even harder then I am imagining. Considering they are competitive, it is likely far harder then I am anticipating. Which is a good thing.

Regarding my health, your right it is important. Thankfully they have a load of quality trainers in the conditioning/weight lifting class. Plus I plan on doing privates as I can afford them. Remember, they have lots of experience with people like me, so they know what to look for. Their weight loss program is built around the conditioning/weight lifting classes. I am confidant they will be able to get me sorted.

Your right, I likely cant push my self, at home as hard as a trainer can. Which is why I am not missing the conditioning class's.

It is my eventual goal, to be training all the martial arts there and the conditioning/weight lifting. I want to compete before im to old to do so. However I just want to get healthier, Drop another 130lbs, keep and build the muscle I have. So ya, ill have to taper into the whole training regimine slowly. Just do the Conditioning/weightlifting. Then each week, do one martial art. (of course ill talk to them and see what they think I should do) Then as I get better, add more in.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Definitely break yourself in gradually but don't obsess over hitting the conditioning first. IMO if the class is training athletically then skill work can be enough of a workout to begin with without smashing your body in conditioning sessions. If you train the kickboxing etc regularly and keep a strict diet you will shed a ton of weight. If you do it that way you can lose weight as you build skill. You can then use the conditioning sessions to elevate your emergent fitness base? Dunno. Just the way I'd do it.

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Oh - okay, misunderstood that.

Mate, I appologise profusely - I'm waggin my finger on and on about your needing personal trainers and there you've got it all over your posts that you've access to certified trainers and such.

That belltoller, I don't know - does he read?

[​IMG]

LOL, anyroads - again, it sounds you to be in the ideal place for your needs.

What knee rider said
    is sound.

My situation was one where moderate training felt like I was smashing my body - which is a sign of a very poor beginning constitution - an hour of MT class for me was the equivalent to an hour of doing wind sprints up flights of stairs for most others - I didn't quite clarify that.

I don't know this for fact, except in the area of my own personal weight loss but it prolly holds out true that the slowest gains are often the most permanent ones.

4. belltoller

Have you formally set up anything with this potential new gym yet? Have you had the chance to sit down and interview potential personal trainers?

5. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

So far I have only talked to the owner. However I plan on pulling the trigger, next weekend. I want to get some bills paid then head down and pay my fee's when I get paid next weekend.

I am sure I will get to meet the trainers. One of them was a NPC physique competitor, NCCPT certified personal trainer, and apparently certified in HIIT. He is the guy who runs the weight lifting and some of the conditioning class's. The owner also helps out in those class's as well.

Edit to add.

Interestingly, they have a belly dance instructor.. I am intrigued.

6. belltoller

Crakin' [​IMG]

Prolly better than Zumba