Finally made a training log....

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Dan93, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I have started keeping a log as I have another HMB tournament coming up in February and moving forward this year there will be a number of events and I am aiming to increase my strength, bulk and endurance. This was my first time weight lifting since I damaged my rotor cuff back in July.

Morning:
    Stretching
    Sword work working on combinations and flow. three minute rounds.
    100 power strikes on the pell on each arm with falchion wearing gauntlets.
    shadow boxing

Gym: Working on chest, lats, biceps, triceps and traps. Slightly frustrating as most of my mobility in my shoulder has returned and I have no problems in my martial pursuits but ran into some problems with some of the isolated weight movements.
    Supplements: Creatine, protein and BCAA.

1)Twenty minute incline run.
    2)Barbell bench press (flat overhand): 3 x set of 8: Found this slightly uncomfortable in my shoulder and I have lowered weight but I assume I have also lost some lift strength from my absence from weight training.
    3) Dumbbell bench press (incline overhand grip): 3 x set of 8.
    4) Barbell pull over (flat bench): 3 x set of 8. Had to really drop weight as I found this was really putting strain on my shoulder
    5)Dumbbell row (bent over overhand): 3 x set of 8
    6)Dumbbell biceps Curl (Neutral): 3 x set of 8.
    7)Dumbbell tricep Extension (incline bench): 3 x set of 8. Again had shoulder issues with this so had to drop weight.
    8)Barbell shrug: 3 x set of 8.

I was going to add pull ups to my routine but left this out today due to the issues experienced with my shoulder.

tomorrow working on Legs, Lower back, shoulders and abs. Not a fitness expert so happy for any advice or recommendations :)

Knee Rider, axelb, aaradia and 3 others like this.
  2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Welcome to the fold Dan...

...I must warn you though, these logs can become quite addictive.

Travess

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Thanks Travess! First attempt at doing one of these so format might change..Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

4. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Well done, Dan!

Dan93 likes this.
  5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Was well over due as have been on MAP for years now.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Looking forward to reading about your training! :)

Dan93 likes this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Good stuff Dan :D I double took as I thought you had one already.

Dan93 likes this.
  8. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Didn't go to plan today as was called in to cover a night shift tonight so didn't make the gym but will be there tomorrow.

Training today:
    Morning:
    Stretching.
    Kettle bells (I have a set in my bedroom 3 set of 5 of each exercise) Windmill, Round the worlds, leg passes, lunges, one arm row, snatch and cleans and Turkish get ups.
    Shadow boxing.
    Sword work: working on falchion and shield dueling combinations.

Work: one of the advantages of working nights in my job is that I am generally alone so I had already brought in my armour to readjust my arming points on my arms and wanted to re wrap my falchion handle, This was a ideal opportunity to work on my armour fitness so got into my gamberson, arms, gauntlets and helmet to practice some armoured weapon work which I did for about thirty minutes and my forearms are now killing me, On the downside I now have to work the rest of my shift feeling sweaty and horrible lol, at least I didn't get caught by security as would of got some strange looks and some ribbing.

Today didn't go to plan but got some good work in. I am going to add more body weight exercises in the morning as I have stopped doing them out of laziness I guess and my current armour is pretty heavy at the moment especially in the arms when using weapons like falchions and axes and I get muscle fatigue pretty quickly so I am planning on doing armoured work outside of training pretty frequently.

Nachi likes this.
  9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Next Entry....Been busy with work cover so been hard to keep to date.

Friday.
    Morning:
    Stretches
    Light sword work with arming sword and falchion.
    Pell Work: with falchion working from shield forward stance for power strikes, working at different levels. aiming for usual 100 per side.
    shadow boxing working on slipping and entry.
    Gym: Working on legs, lower back, shoulders and abs.
    20 min rowing machine
    Barbell Squat 3 x 8
    Barbell Lunge 3 x 8
    Dumbbell calf raise 3 x 8
    Barbell deadlift 3 x 8
    Superman 3 x 8
    Dumbbell shoulder press 3 x 8
    Dumbbell raise. 3 x 8 (x 2 front and lateral)
    bodyweight crunches (bicycle and standard) (max reps per min x 3)

Saturday: Called into work so not much done, some light falchion and shadow boxing.

Sunday: HMB and Bohurt training.
    Long day as team preparing for competition in Feb.
    Warm up and stretch
    Wrestling rounds concentrating on gaining dominate position and escape.
    Sparring: Working on 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 3 but used polypropylene swords to save armour. Fought a number of rounds and pretty happy with my armour fitness and finding the importance of hooking the list in a grapple as was only taken down once so pretty happy with that. Saw a pretty nasty incident where a sword cross guard which accidentally went into someones visor during a punch cutting him just above his eye, could of been a lot worse, to add insult to injury I spent the next round kneeing him in the head after pinning him in a grapple... had heat steaming off my under armour after taking my armour off after this session, always a sign it was a good one.

Knee Rider, axelb and Travess like this.
  10. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

That sounds beyond fun!

Dan93 likes this.
  11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Monday 8th January.

Morning:
    Usual morning routine of stretching, light sword work, Pell work and shadow boxing. Can't get to my heavy bag as my Garage door is busted....must get that fixed.
    Gym: Working on chest, lats, biceps, triceps and traps.
    1)Dumbbell Bench Press (flat overhand) 3 x 8
    2)Barbell Bench Press (incline overhand) 3 x 8
    3)Barbell pullover 3 x 8 (again my shoulder is still struggling with this one so lowered weight)
    4)Dumbbell Fly 3 x 8
    5)Barbell bicep curl 3 x 8 (underhand and overhand x 2)
    6)Cable pushdown 3 x 8
    7)Cable tricep kickbacks 3 x 8
    8)Dumbbell shrugs 3 x 8

No Jujitsu tonight as my work shifts clash and working nights....bah.

axelb and Knee Rider like this.