Fighting for English Title

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Unreal Combat, Aug 18, 2014.

1. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

It sounds pretty nasty when you say it out loud, but when I train (for SD/survival attitude) under higher pressure, I visualise the person in front of me as a dangerous bag of meat in the way of my safety, rather than a fellow member of the human race with all their kindness, hopes and dreams.
    If you can dehumanise a person to an inconsequential object, it makes it easier to hurt them (as long as you can deal with the traumatic aftermath; see: 'On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society' by Dave Grossman if you're interested), as most people (except psychopaths and the like) are hard wired with a fundamental revulsion at harming another human being.

It's not really a healthy way of existing all the time, but I wanted to understand whether it was there if I needed it... Which is hopefully never!

Anyhoo, take it or leave it mate, whatever suits you best

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Just a minor correction, I will be fighting for the I.C.O English Title, not the W.R.S.A English Title.

Fight format will be 5 x 1.5 minute rounds, no Headguard, under Full Contact Kickboxing rules.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

All the very best for the fight, Unreal Combat.

I won't wish you luck, because I'm sure you won't need it. I'll just wish you SUCCESS.

4. Unreal Combat

Thanks Johno. :)

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Good luck mate.

Baza

6. Unreal Combat

Thanks Baza.

7. liero

liero Valued Member

Work hard :) Good luck!

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Why couldn't I see these Facebook posts? All I get from you are nude photos. :p:D

Seriously though, good luck! We all know you're already training hard.

9. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Good luck!!!

10. Unreal Combat

Thank you guys! :)

11. Unreal Combat

And amended again. It is in actual fact the WRSA English Title I will be fighting for (as I originally posted, communication break down somewhere). It will also be the Light Heavyweight Title.

Here's the fight poster.

[​IMG]

12. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

UC - I never got a chance to congratulate you on this with the wife being incapacitated the last few weeks.

You've been a consistent achiever since day one and now its paying off!

All the best.

13. Unreal Combat

Thanks Belltoller, though I haven't really achieved anything noteworthy as of yet.

Hope Mrs Belltoller is ok!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  14. Unreal Combat

If any MAP'pers want to come watch me fight for the English title next month then tickets are now available for purchase. Feel free to contact me for more details.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  15. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Not comin across the pond till Dec., but wish you the best. You've come a long way since your first interclub!

16. hewho

hewho Valued Member

GO GET EM!