Fighting again next March!

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Southpaw535, Nov 28, 2014.

1. StrikingDragon

StrikingDragon Valued Member

I would check with them first as there might be a good way to get some sort of tax relief and some publicity/sponsorship out of it.

2. Gunner

Gunner Valued Member

Awesome!

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Every town or city in our North American colony, which is named after an existing town or city in the Glorious British Empire, should be followed by an assigned numerical designation.

Our good man Southy is from Portsmouth, England.

Not Portsmouth II, Oregon.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Right! I have tickets!

Works out at 30 quid for normal tiered seats, 35 for floor, and more for VIP which comes with waiters and being able to be let in early with access to a private bar before the show. The top tier also lets you meet the fighters so you can come see me and say hi :p

As an added bonus, half the commission I make off tickets is going to Combat Stress, a charity to help veterans overcome PTSD and other mental issues.

I'll have the tickets until the morning of March 6th, so if any of you decide you want to come let me know and we'll sort it out :)

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

PM sent.

6. Southpaw535

Also, anyone curious about Combat Stress and why I'll happily throw money at them, they sent me this to share.

Attached Files:

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Excellent charity.

8. Southpaw535

An update: I lost. There will be video possibly in the next couple weeks once the cameras are processed and I've cleared up any copyright stuff with my coaches.

For a full breakdown of how I feel about it, you should have me on facebook :p

I would type it out again, but now I'm going to go have a bath

9. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Good show man. Win, lose, or draw you stepped in and that's still worth a lot.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Don't think of it like that! You came second. That's silver!!!

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Fish got the head kick you landed on Instagram, I'm sure you can hear the snap :p

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

^This is exactly right Southpaw^ - Just by being willing to step up on to the apron and test yourself, gets you full respect...

Regards,

Travess

13. StrikingDragon

StrikingDragon Valued Member

I saw the whole thing you did a good job! And it takes so much guts to even get in there its an achievement!

14. Southpaw535

At least I wasn't the third man out :p

Basically I just adrenaline dumped and gassed out immediately. Guy wasn't that great if I'm honest. Striking I was definitely better than him, and grappling I managed to take him down and get some passes in quite easily, just didn't have the energy to follow through. Times he was on top it was clear I could get up, but again was too tired to push myself to do it. Its a sucky way to lose, but its given me very clear things I need to do before the next one and I'm very optimistic about getting in there again.

As far as me giving half the money to Combat Stress, it works out as £141.

15. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Just time Lefty, you'll learn to be too cool!

16. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

As long as you didn't tap to strikes, there is absolutely no shame in losing, just by competing you are proving you have more guts than most people could ever muster, and being able to identify your short comings is half the battle for success in the future.

17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am sorry things didn't go as good as they could have. Like everyone else here, much respect to you for getting in there and doing it.

How are you feeling? I have watched fighters absolutely devastated after losing and hope you are holding up ok.

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty much the same for me man, I was the better fighter, but I just gassed. I'm going to train so stupidly hard for the next one.

19. Southpaw535

I'm actually fine. I had a cry immediately after the fight but other that I'm alright. Think the fact im convinced I lost through my mistakes and not his skill made it easier to deal with and meant by the time I'd got changed I had the basis of a plan to improve

20. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i'll see if i can send you the videos i shot of your fight. if not i'll youtube them as unlisted or private and link you.