Fighters suspended?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by EmptyHandGuy, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And if there is no evidence that he is racist, then what course of action would you suggest?

Again you are jumping to conclusions and coming up with a decision without actually knowing all the facts arn't you?

Little rule of thumb here, know when to make a comment and know when to check out the facts before making a comment and dont take someone esle's word for it, they may have a reason for not telling you the whole truth?

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. Pat OMalley

How so? The delegates of WEKAF GB are voted on by it’s members, the fact that they have chosen 3 of their most senior and knowledgable members to play important roles within the organisation is fine, what are we now to discrimitate against people holding office simply because of the style they practice outside the organisation a style which by the way makes up less than one third of the GB team.

Also if you check your facts you will find they have not up dated their web site correctly as John James is not the President of WEKAF, Sharon Burns from Australia is, I know I was the election officer. And Rodger Barnes heads up WEKAF GB and he is of the JKD Kali camp. As for Master John Harvey and Jude Tucker, they are coaches and do not run the day to day decision making in WEKAF GB, that is Rodger Barne's role as WEKAF GB President and Country Director.

So where is the political Rat then? Please explain.

3. Pat OMalley

I don’t know, I have read your previous posts and it looks to me like you are questioning the WEKAF GB Coaches, WEKAF GB and WEKAF it’s self before even gaining any facts, it seems to me you already made your mind up and like a previous poster said, for someone who is knew to the FMA you seem to ask a lot of loaded question dont you?

From your previous posts and based on no real evidence at all I would be inclined to conclude you are either a beginner that is being given bullets to fire by someone else or you are not as new to this at all and you seem to be making out you are something your not and you seem to have a hidden agenda that you are not letting us all in on?

Or am I just jumping to conclusions and coming to a decision with no evidence to back it up?

As I said, think very carefully before accusing anyone of wrong doing and racism as you will be walking a very rocky road indeed. Remember people dont forget events such as this so this is just a bit of advice to a begginer who may want to get ahead in FMA in the future.

4. Pat OMalley

And maybe that was the intention from the start of the thread? Think on it, if people leave WEKAF GB because of rubbish like this and it fold's, Then who will step in to take over and re-build it's reputation?????

Mmmmmm! Interesting thought isn't it?

Best regards

Pat

5. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

I couldnt agree more Pat, a very interesting point well made... As a keen FMA practitioner, whether involved with WEKAF or not, to have this spread everywhere is not good for all of us. Its only compounded for the rest of WEKAF.

6. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I've not made my mind up about the organisation at all, like I previously said I was interested in finding out the facts about what had happened. With regards to a reply from WEKAF GB, they haven't replied yet, but I am still waiting.

7. EmptyHandGuy

If there is no evidence then the people making the acusations need to be taken to task about the false statements they are making.
    I have not jumped to any conclusions, as stated above I didn't know that there had been acusations of racism made.
    As for your rule of thumb, that is exactly what I was doing, asking if anyone knew the facts of the case as there was no information about why they had been suspended on the WEKAF GB website.

8. EmptyHandGuy

I stand corrected, I can only go with what I had seen on the WEKAF GB website.

9. EmptyHandGuy

Like I've said many times before I was only asking about the facts of the situation. With regards the WEKAF GB you have given me more up to date information which removes my initial worries over the leadership.
    As to being fed bullets by someone else, I don't think so. No body pulls my strings or feeds me any type of bullets.
    I am new to FMA's but not new to MA's in general, having been studying MA's for nearly 29 years.
    I have not accused anyone of anything, and is that a threat there in the last sentence?

10. EmptyHandGuy

I don't know?
    Who would you suggest?

11. february

february Valued Member

Pat,

I'm just calling it how I see it from what I've seen and from individuals I've spoken to first hand, I don't have any kind of vested interest - it's just an opinion. However in hindsight, this forum isn't really the best place to discuss it and it may come off as mud slinging, so I'll leave it at that! I'm sure the individuals involved will eventually be able to come to an amicable solution.

12. Pat OMalley

If you read your posts, it sounds very much that you are agreeing with the accusation of racism that have been made, you also have insinuated that the decision of the officials of WEKAF GB with reagrds to this matter are of a personal and political matter, that is an accusation in it's self. And no that last sentance is advice not a threat. The FMA is a very small world where everyone knows everyone and people tend to remember accusations that are made, especially accusations like this.

Slander and defamation and charachter are very serious accusations indeed, especially if the claims being made are untrue, helping to spread those accusations is just as bad as making them in the first place and you could end up being found in a legal battle too, surely you can see that?

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  13. Pat OMalley

My point exactly. The problem here is maybe you have only heard a limited version of one side of a story and there is the problem. A story is not the facts is it.

The same thing happened at the WEKAF meet in Cebu, many people orriginally only heard one side of the story and they where very surprised to hear it too as most on WEKAF have known Master John Harvey for 20 years, so they looked into it in more detail and got the full version of what really happend, hence they stood by WEKAF GB and it's decision.

Do you honestly think that the World Board of Directors would have backed WEKAF GB if these accusations where true? No I dont think so either.

The only way I can see that this situation can come to an amicable solution is for those accusations to be withdrawn, and appologie given in public (as the pettition accusing them of racism was publically announced) and for this to no longer be discussed. I am sure if this is done after 6 months WEKAF GB will be looking at their case again and will let them return to competative action at their events and Ermar can carry on building his career as a proffesional FMA Instructor.

Personally I still think they got off lightly and should consider themselves lucky it was not a life time ban or that they ended up in court which obviously can still happen, especially if people keep adding fuel to an already burning fire.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  14. EmptyHandGuy

If you read my posts you will see the one time I mention it I say IF the acusations are true then something needs to be done. I then said I had no idea that such acusations had been made and asked for further info. Again I have not accused anyone of anything, you may choose to read what you like into what you think I have said but that does not change the fact that I have several times said to you in particular that I not accusing anyone of anything.
    I have stated several times that all I wanted to know is why these two had been suspended, that was the my only intention. I did not bring up the acusations of racism or that a petition had been created, I believe it was your wife that did that. I did ask if there was a link to the petition but no where did I say that I believed that anyone had been racist, I wanted to look at what they had stated in the petition and to draw my own conclusions after looking at all the evidence first. Since that is obviously not going to happen I cannot make a judgment either way.
    So until all the evidence is available I am not going to comment on this matter further.

15. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm closing this thread for a few days to allow people to cool down and read what's actually been written.

I'm going to take this opportunity to invite Ermar & Diane and WEKAF GB to send MAP a public statement each (or link to one) which I can post on their behalves (or they can do it themselves once the thread re-opens).

Once the thread is re-opened I will:

a) Monitor this thread very carefully.
    b) Ban anyone who makes any accusations against EITHER party without supporting it with proof.
    c) Close the thread permanently if it is deemed to be no longer constructive.

I will NOT:

a) Delete the thread.
    b) Edit any aspect of a post which has been submitted by it's author and they're 'edit delay' has expired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.