Fighters Purse

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by d0ugbug, Nov 28, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Stupid question.

What's the going rate for fighters purse these day's?

and

What do you expect to get out of it?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Ours get a percentage of their ticket sales and depending on who they are and how far the travel maybe some expenses.

3. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

I've only been paid a fixed ammount for one fight and that was £100 with a cut of tickets I sold on top. I'm not sure how I managed to get that though, the other few times it has been a cut of tickets I sell. So if the tickets cost £15.00 I would get £5 per ticket.

I guess you would have to pay pros a fixed ammount though.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:rolleyes::evil:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

that would depend on um....performance.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

comedy gold that pic... I know him. :p

7. LetsGetItOn

LetsGetItOn Valued Member

Just wanted to re-ignite this topic...

What sort of purses are Novice-Pro's and Intermediates (by that i mean fighters that've had between 1-8 fights or so on pro circuit) being paid these days for Kickboxing?

Any full contact rules, but in the pro ranks - Full Contact, Kickboxing, K1, Muay Thai, etc?

Just wondering to see what the state of play is at the moment as there seems to be so many so called World Sanctioning bodies these days that do little more than promote Regionally, yet claim to be offering National, European and World Titles.

8. d0ugbug

I've paid amateurs £50-100 + ticket sales. Pro's, £200 - 500. If its a title I'm paying out £1000+ plus travel costs and accommodation

9. LetsGetItOn

Thanks Dougbug. It's the first i've known for amateurs to be paid.
    The pro's i know of, have only been paid around £150-£300 per fight for their first 4-5 pro fights, and these have been sanctioned by major bodies.
    What sort of Title is that you're on about -is it a National, European or World Title, and is this standard in all weights for your company?

10. d0ugbug

Yes standard for all weights and all fighters both am and pro.

Title depends on the fighter really and what they ask for. Nearly all the pro's I've had over the years (and im just starting back) have always had travel and accommodation paid for. Two guys I have fighting in May are costing me £500 each and thats for a british title

11. LetsGetItOn

Thanks again for the info... I'm surprised that Pro-British Title Contenders are only getting £500 a go (in comparison to Boxing and Kickboxing in other Countries) - this is by no means having a go at you, but don't you think the low purses are due to the number of bodies out there at the minute?

Incidently, which body's title are your lads fighting for? WKA/ISKA, etc? Just wondering.

12. d0ugbug

There is a mix of reasons for low purses if you ask me.

Number of bodies out there has a heck of a lot to do with it. Also over the past 5 years or so there has been a fair few shows been put on claiming to have "pro" fighters and its only amateur at best most of which have never done full contact and it lets the whole show down as well as the sport.

I offer as best purse as possible BUT the purses I pay for Pro are what the fighters request. This isnt the Premiere League (football) and £500 once or twice a month for 15min or so work in the ring isn't bad going.

I think the lad has a golden belt title not 100% on that. But we take part in WKA/ISKA/IKF/PAN and the rest of abbreviations out there...

The WTKA are now doing title belts for regional semi and light contact which as far as I can see is going to make things worse before anything improves.

With the light shifting from Kickboxing to MMA (as thats the new buzz of the decade and no dig here) most people woun't pay to see some guys stand and slug unless its in a cage and tickets sales go down so in the end the fighters are the ones who suffer!

Plus venue prices go up because of the problems some MMA and Full contact events have brought in various areas so things become more costly...