Fight Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Don't over train Chadderz.

Maybe a couple of days off will do you good.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Dude, take a couple days off from training. A "jacked knee" will turn into an injured knee, or some other injury on another part of your body because you're body mechanics are changed to keep the weight off your knee during everything from training to daily activity.

I also suggest talking to a nutritionalist, especially if your gym has one available for the fighters. You've been commenting that you feel like crap physically and emotionally lately and your nutrition may be a major cause of this. At least do some research on nutrition for fighters and compare it to what you're doing now. (I'm making assumptions here, I know)

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Right now I'm pretty much just eating what is in front of me. I'm really poor and I'm finding it hard to afford anything other than chicken and rice :/

4. Ero-Sennin

Not much one can suggest after that : /. At least take some rest and eat double the chicken and rice during that day or two.

5. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

sometimes a missed class here and there gives you a bit more focus on those classes you do attend and gives you the chance to recover

i would love to say this gets easier, as psychologically i tend to beat myself about mistakes in class, my training log is littered with 'bad' days but getting older just take its toll, you still have lots of time before that.

tonight i also managed quite a fly turnover armbar in newaza randori that i messed up just last week, don't practice it near enough tho, and it was in my head that i needed to build up my ground game so was well pleased, and i took tuesday off after feeling a bit dispirited from saturday and pushing a bit too hard at the gym on monday

6. Pretty In Pink

I'm taking it off until Monday, should I still run and exercise?

7. Ero-Sennin

Absolutely not if your knee is screwed up! If the knee feels somewhat good you should go for a walk for a few miles to get it used to moving the right way again and some stretching but not much else. If you've been going full speed for a few months, a good break is in order anyways. Do something different during your time off to relax.

8. Pretty In Pink

It's just a bruise (a massive bruise) and my range of motion is fine. It only hurts when pressure is applied, eg I'm on my knees, or I take a kick.

9. Ero-Sennin

How long have you kept the intensity of your training for? If the frequency, time, and intensity has been pretty high for the last 2-3 months it will do you a lot of good to just rest. Not just for your knee but for the rest of your body and your emotional state as well. I've been reading about your depression and I can tell you as a person who suffers from some pretty severe depression myself at times, prolonged and intense physical activity without rest has made me make sure I'm not around people to let some emotions out too. It sounds to me that you need some R&R more then anything, so take it.

I still suggest walking though. It keeps your body moving and is very low impact on the body which will keep your body on its toes. It's also good for the soul to just walk for an hour thinking and getting yourself straightened up in the head with how you want to achieve your goals. That's what I do anyways on my long walks : P.

10. Pretty In Pink

I wouldn't say I've been training too hard, although I have nothing to compare it too.

11. Ero-Sennin

How many hours of training a day and how many days a week? This consists of gym time and personal workouts. Then, how many hours would you figure are low/medium/high intensity (low would be working on technique with no real vigor or contact, medium doing the same but doing bag work/very light sparring, high being sparring).

12. Simon

Sometimes it's not just a physical break from training, it's the mental rest that helps.

Time to chill, re-evaluate or just forget training for a couple of days works wonders.

I've seen people come back from a 2 week holiday absolutely buzzing and ready to go.

13. Pretty In Pink

I took four days out and I feel much better. Still not peak, but people were giving me less hassle when we traded, although I still lack in the clinch. Then I went to BJJ, and decided against rolling. Rolled once, really light, then just went and did techniue and my legs feel okay! :D

On the downside my Brother was having trouble in BJJ, he came home crying about it. He is competing in the British Open and now understands why I cried :L

We're a big bunch of girls.

14. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I thought of you when Elliott posted this, his latest video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx1DFgMIS_s"]Why Crying Makes Your Body Stronger - YouTube[/ame]

15. Pretty In Pink

Good video, never heard of that guy before. He seems smart.

16. Pretty In Pink

Wrote up a rota:

Monday
    Sprinting/jogging
    • 30 seconds: High-Intensity Exercise
    • 60 seconds: Rest or Low-Intensity Exercise
    Repeat another 10 times, followed by a final 30-second high-intensity blast.
    Total time: 17 minutes
    Followed by 15 minute core exercises.
    Tuesday
    Hitting bag 4oz gloves/Shadowboxing 1kg weights

• 30 seconds: High-Intensity Exercise
    • 60 seconds: Rest or Low-Intensity Exercise
    Repeat another 10 times, followed by a final 30-second high-intensity blast.
    Total time: 17 minutes
    Wednesday

Bodyweight exercises.

10x3 push ups

5x3 pull ups

Squats, N/a.

Followed by 15 minute core excersize

Thursday

Light jog

Friday

5x15 Car pushes minute rest in between

Saturday

Big run, 4 miles

Sunday

Rest.

Please all come and mock my crappy rota, but also help me fix it. thank yee.

EDIT: Please note this does not include hitting pads with my Brother or classes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  17. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

im not gonna mock, all im gonna say is have an in depth talk with your coach about what training should be like for your fight

18. Pretty In Pink

Cool, I meant to do it today, I'll get to it tomorrow.

Tonight I Went to BJJ, did lots of technique, then I went to Kickboxing, and learnt a lot! Also, I'm starting to throw good body shots.

Then I ran about 3 miles until my bus caught up with me.

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'd talk to Iceield or Slip, but I wonder how much use your longer runs are? Wouldn't you be better substituting some sprint intervals, hill sprints or similar?

Just a thought Chadderz, keep at it!

Mitch

20. Simon

I'm glad you took the time off and it helped.

No you're not. There's nothing wrong with being an emotional person.

I agree with Mitch, keep it up and more power to you.