Felony fights

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by BlindClown, Feb 16, 2007.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

There's a couple of Mma'ers on there as well, some are just sick,making the winner keep hitting the losers until the director has had enough.

edit: one of the best resources for seeing how untrained people fight though

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

some fights however are quite good, one MMA guy on there, was a nice decent bloke that just wanted to test himself,he stopped when the guy was taking a beating. sometimes these things get taken too far but they are entertaining to watch.

4. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

I dont doubt that the guy was a Black Belt in Kenpo and had fought in tournament, but the reason he lost so badly is because he had clearly never tested his art in FC. It's alot harder to apply those flashy techniques when someone is swinging for you. The other had all been in fights before that is why they faired better. Put a seasoned Thai or western boxer in there and we would have seen something beautiful.

5. Fighter4Higher

Fighter4Higher Dark man of the unknown

Felony fights!!! Great stuff.. videos are always good entertainment for guys night.

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

brilliant!

7. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Interesting-ish I suppose. The guy who claimed to be a BB in Kempo was a bit unlucky IMO, he did a very nice ankle pick on the guy to get back up but then he got slammed.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I've got most of these on the HD.
    Not much more than passing interest though.

If you've been in a scrape you don't have to watch these to know how they go.

I'd rather watch a good boxing match or other fight between skilled opponents. Not a bunch of low IQ yahoo's going at it.

9. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

awww slips, the great unwashed fights are hilarious to watch

10. Slindsay

Oh and just because no one has commented yet, all those fights went to the ground and they all got finished there :D

11. slipthejab

LOL! :D

+1 BJJ and sprawl-tech

12. TKDjoe

TKDjoe Valued Member

Typical punk street fight, I've been seeing them for 40 yrs, Just looked like a bunch of idiots windmilling at each other's heads to me. Anyone with good cardio and the ability to block(defend) for a few minutes would come out on top.

13. slipthejab

14. Slindsay

Always easier said than done though. I have no doubt the guy who went down first was a kempo blackbelt and he was slammed so it wouldn't make a bit of difference how good his cardio or blocking was :D

Second guy to go down was unlucky enough to hit his head on a rock I think if you watch carefully. He needed to know about open guard and how to breakfall properly and he might noot have had his ass kicked so bad.

Third guy gassed out from a choke under side control. None of them went down and out from a blow delivered on the feet so saying you just need cardio and the ability to block doesn't really make sense to me. :confused:

15. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Wow, that was truly... inspirational?

It is interesting to see just how poorly untrained people (and martial artists who don't train FC once in a while) do in a real scrap.

I found it funny that one guy kept missing while punching another on the ground, lol. Not enough accuracy to hit a target inches away. :D

Does the fact that I enjoyed it a bit compromise my honor? :rolleyes:

16. TKDjoe

TKDjoe Valued Member

So you can't block(defend) yourself from a slam?

None of them were defending themselves, they were all on offense just punching away at each others heads, that's why they ended up where they did.

I didn't say block and defend JUST on your feet, You can defend yourself from all positions. Isn't break falling a form of defense? IE the second guy.

The third guy said he couldn't breath or rain out of air. He gassed, the other guy didn't have hold of him long enough to choke him. IE cardio.

I was watching these same kind of scraps long before there was an Internet, or MMA and I still say any trained boxer-kickboxer, MT or whatever you pick, with a few fights under his belt would pick these guys apart. They rarely last more than a couple of minutes before both or all the participants are gassed, standing there looking at each other, with bloody noses. They haven't proven anything except that they are idiots.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007