Fellas... beware of the veil.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Topher, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Topher

Topher allo!

Dubai court annuls marriage to 'bearded lady'

An Arab country's ambassador to Dubai has had his marriage contract annulled after discovering the bride was cross-eyed and had facial hair.

The woman had worn an Islamic veil, known as the niqab, on the few occasions the couple had met.

The envoy, who has not been identified, told a Sharia court her mother had tricked him by showing him pictures of the bride's sister, Gulf News reported.

He only discovered the deception when he lifted the woman's veil to kiss her.

The court had annulled the marriage contract but rejected a $130,000 (£83,000) compensation claim for gifts he had bought his intended, the report said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8508077.stm

Would loved to have been there. :wow:

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

I always kind of thought that was the point of the veil, as well as the whole "it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding," thing.

3. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

It's been done before. Jacob's wedding to Rachel and Leah.

In a Jewish wedding, the groom places the veil on the bride before the ceremony.

4. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

That just ****ed me off.

How could you do that to a guy?

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I want to know how the wedding went after he lfited the veil

"You may now kiss the bride"
    "ARRRRRRGH!"

6. Rhizome

Rhizome Super Valued Member

ill never understand these arranged marriages and religion orientated ones, why would you marry someone who you've never seen their face.

7. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I'm now having horrid visions of chicks with facial hair. ... :bang: