feet size

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Handsup, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Handsup

Handsup New Member

hey,

this might be a stupid question but ....does it matter if you have a relatively small foot?...as in does it affect the power of the kick at all?....what about in breaking ?....would a guy with a bigger feet have any advantages at all over someone with a small feet ?....

you dont have to go into detail...just give us your thoughts would be appreciated .....

thanks

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

what a funny post! :D :D :D

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

i dont think foot size matters in any sport, however, when you're kicking try not to use the instep of your foot... no matter how big ur foot is, there are bones that can easily break in your instep.

Then again, you're doin TKD, i think u guys mainly use ur insteps to kick... well good luck haha

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yes, we use the instep. my kick is not slow and weak, i can tell you that, but i have never ever injured my foot.

5. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Agreed. It's just as easy to bust your shin as it is your instep. It's all about conditioning.

6. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

I was just thinking that, and I promise to keep this one clean even though I'm really tempted :D :rolleyes:
    lisa xx

7. Handsup

Handsup New Member

the FOOT...

ye guys...i was talking about the FOOT....some of you guys might be thinking about other things.

just wanted to clear that up...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2005
  8. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

I don't see how the size of foot can make much of a difference - other than the fact that a person with smaller FEET generally is a smaller person in stature and might not be able to generate as much strength just because of their size.

The mods are going to get you for the asterisks in your word there... be sure to read the rules on posts! :D

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

exactly :)

10. franksv

franksv Valued Member

I would say size does not matter.What does is hard work and getting your kicks fast,powerful and accurate with propper mechanix/tech.

11. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Smaller area, power less spread out, more focused kicks?

12. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

You said it ;)

13. dadder12

dadder12 New Member

beat me, damn you

14. franksv

franksv Valued Member

more power in a smaller focused space still is'nt a substitute for hard work.OK, I see the science of this but I say we all may have body advantages/disadvantages but we all still need to do the work.

15. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

No one is disputing this, we know that whether you have small feet or a foot like Sasquatch that we have to train hard if we are to be any good.

16. XeQshinor

XeQshinor New Member

Actually, it matters in alot of balance oriented sports, generally boxing. I once heard a professional boxing commentator say that the size of a fighter's feet can determine their overall or potential balance, because they have a much wider base. Having bigger feet can also help with punching because you can exert more force forward due to stronger grounding.