Feeling/looking larger AFTER workout

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by M Lambert, Jun 14, 2006.

1. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

OK so past couple of days, I've finished a cardio work out, and looked in a mirror, and thought I look fatter than before... now, here's me wondering if this is some psychological thing, or if after a workout the bodyfat relaxes or the tissues around it relax, making me look like a 20 stone lard ****? LoL

2. pablo147

pablo147 Valued Member

your blood gets pumping throughout your body. many people just refer to it as "the pump." your body floods the muscles that are being worked with blood to supply them with oxygen and other goodies. this increased blood flow makes ur muscles look bigger for a little bit till the blood receeds.

3. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Stay away from the mirror when trying to lose weight. Check it out like once every week or so, but other than that, what you see in the mirror is more in your head than it is in your body.

IMO

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Thats because the unconscious part of your brain is telling you that you are losing muscle from all the cardio ;). Just dress really baggy and you wont notice.

5. M Lambert

Yeah, unfortunately i need to do running for the Army... lol

Im doing weights as well dont worry... lol

6. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

It's probably because you're losing lots of water when you do your cardio. Dehydrated, you'll look smaller, but I think the fat deposits on your body will stay about the same size. So it gives you the illusion that you're fatter than normal, but in reality, you're probably just pretty dehydrated.

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

if i do weights one night, the next day my shoulders will feel huger than they already are

8. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

I used to find the same thing, straight after weights I'd look better, straight after cardio I'd look terrible. I have no useful information for you except to stop looking in the mirror after cardio :D .

9. M Lambert

Well... now i wont have the problem. Im not allowed to bleeding run!

Apparently I've pulled a hamstring or my glute... which OK I'll buy as Ive been in agony for an hour. The Physio/Fitness Manager put my leg into weird positions, decides im knotted and then told me a load of things I should/shouldnt do.

Grr.