Favourite

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Grippereeno, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Grippereeno

Grippereeno New Member

Sup people.... Just wonderin what everybody's favourite part of kuk sool is answer can be a specific part of curriculum such as a form or set of techniques or could be general like competing etc.......

2. TXKukSoolBB

TXKukSoolBB Valued Member

I would have to say the variety it offers (forms, weapons, Nak Bub, sparring, techniques etc...) It keeps my training from ever getting boring. Although you asked for only one...I also have to say my training partners at my school. When you really know the physical limitations and pain thresholds of your training partners...your Kuk Sool moves to new level!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  3. KSWarrior

KSWarrior www.warriorinstitute.com

I would have to say the physical benefits that you receive from hard, consistant, complete training!

4. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

sword. theres nothing better than chopping things up!

5. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

i haven't done any live bladed sword stuff yet. not fair :(

:)

6. Mari

Mari New Member

It's hard to chose just one! Weapontry captured my interest but I really do love forms now too!

7. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Hyungs. I have a CMA background so hyungs come a bit natural to me.

8. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I'd have to agree with TXKukSoolBB. I love the wide variety of things to learn and practice. There's always something new to learn or old to improve upon. It'll never get boring.

9. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I'll sound like a parot, but I'm with TXKukSoolBB and KSWPaul. How could we ever get bored?

10. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

Variety is the main reason I do KSW and not TKD or Karate or something like that. I would definitely like to train some of those as supplements someday, but I will probably always come back to KSW, because it seems to encompass more material than any other MA. That said, my favorite part (right now anyway) would probably be grappling.

11. i don't care

i don't care Valued Member

It’s defiantly got to be forms it does wonders for your backside lol....

12. Meat Grinder

Meat Grinder New Member

Yeah, I've seen your backside and I have to say it's lookin good...Oh yeah and so are your forms

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  13. ember

ember Valued Member

Just about everything.

Forms have been a favorite of mine ever since I started martial arts, I really get into the moving meditation.

Weapons, especially sword. What sf/fantasy fan wouldn't want to learn sword? :D

Nak Bub... gymnastics had always been one of my favorite parts of P.E. growing up. Plus... well, any wanna-be Jedi needs those skills too. :eek:

AND my favorite parts of Girl Scout camp were horseback riding and archery... both of which exist in the Kuk Sool curriculum.

God, if I had had any clue that practically every sport I ever liked, every athletic activity I *WANTED* to do, was included in Kuk Sool Won, I would have jumped into it at the first chance I had.
    :cool:

Techniques are good, too. Won't knock techniques.

14. JSun

JSun Valued Member

If that backside looks that good in a dobak I'd like to witness it myself :D

15. i don't care

i don't care Valued Member

Ha ha I’m going to Texas next year for the world champs so I’ll show you it then ha ha

16. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Bet that. I'll be there.