Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

I broke my bokken a month ago big deal it was 15 Dollars and it decided that My twohanded blow was too much and split down most of its length. cest la vie

next I will buy one made of hickory. And a few wasters of hickory.

How long is Dai katana? I favor the no dachi my self out of all the Japanese swords.

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

My no dachi is 4"9 I think...very heavy and hard to hold at first, My Shinai is 40" and my katana is 37' including the handle...I prefer most of the long blades...I used to use a wakasashi because it was fast but not anymore...:woo:

3. Cudgel

how tall are you?

a shinai that I use is 47 in total with 34 in of striking surface
    and the remains of my bokken are about 40 in with 30 in of striking surface. but my favorite right now is my knife.

But Im growing tired of swords and am now going to learn knife fighting

And rember kids the motto of todays show is cheap hard wood bokkens break easily or you get what you pay for.

4. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I am 6 feet short.:woo:

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Here's a little tip. You can carry a bat in your car, and as long as you also have a glove the cops won't bat an eye, so to speak.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

The problem with carrying weapons in your car, is that you're not too likely to be attacked going at 70 down a motorway.

7. Cudgel

so Am I 6 feet short yep sure seems like dont it. yeah you Katana seesm to be teh right size for your height. Weird isnt who you are suposed to use this bitsy little sword twohanded. I've used singel handed swords longer.

Any ways so who else has a broken oaken boken (say that three time fast)

8. Dante

Dante New Member

The ken is an enjoyable weapon, especially for Japanese style based hybrid techniques (it's basically a straight edged, double bladed katana, forged in a similar style). Used basically like a Chinese long-sword, but with a few idiosincrasies due to it's balance & weight that Katana wielders will be familiar with.

;O)

9. Fist Of Legend

Fist Of Legend New Member

My favourite weapons are "toya" (stick) and my "golok" (kinda like a machette)

10. Darkflames21

Darkflames21 New Member

The sai, Katana, and Bo, all the way.

11. Shyguy

Shyguy Sapphire

I've recently found a 3 sectional nunchaku on the internet and plan to but it. This might be my new fav weapon

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Until you K.O yourself because you haven't had any formal training in it...

13. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Nunchaku? You mean staff?

I doubt you will be able to use it at all. I'm sick of trying to help people and tell them not to buy things they have no clue to use.

HAVE FUN, hope you don't hit yourself in the head (waith that is inevitable................)

14. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Even after years of training with nunchaku, the first time I tried to use three sectional staff (under supervision, I hasten to add) I hit myself more times than I got the weapon to do what I wanted it to.

15. shunyadragon

shunyadragon New Member

My favorite weapon is no weapon. Using a cane or walking staff are acceptable and can be used as weapons.

Weapons impart the Qi of violence and are not compatable with the original purpose of the Arts of the Way.

I practice with weapons for the purpose of knowing them and not fearing them, not to use them.

16. Qiao_AS89

Qiao_AS89 New Member

I usually just practice with my brother in our backyard. He usually uses a kung-fu broad sword (It's wooden), although he is not trained in it at all, and I sometimes use the sai (I'm not trained, so I use these hard plastic ones). My favorite weapons are the sai and the fan. As soon as we get enough money to afford a teacher, my brother and I will join a school. Fans are super cool.

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Which Way is that? Personally my Way involves doing whatever is necessary to make sure that I don't get hurt, whether or not that involves weapons or anything else.

18. Xia

Xia Dragon of Heaven

Favorite Weapon hmm...

My favorite weapon is either the Isreali Jericho 941 Handgun or Traditional Tiger Hook Swords.

19. NickDanzinger

NickDanzinger New Member

Blow gun or hunting slingshot. :D

20. undead_ninja

undead_ninja New Member

I'm partial to the naginata my self... but since i dont carry one with me down the street i hav a chain on my wallet and keyring