Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

did i ever said
    "Weapons sucks big deal, i really hate them"
    -TkdWarrior-

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

<g> As I mentioned previously, my most commonly carried "weapon" is a book. Anything you carry, you have to have a valid non-self-defense reason to carry or it'll likely be considered a "weapon" by a court.

A dog leash (chain or otherwise) is a great weapon to carry -- if you own a dog.

For me personally, I don't own a dog. The only "weapons" I carry on me are books, my clothes, my car keys, my cell phone (if I had to use it, the $300 - $400 it would cost to replace would be worth it) and, occasionally, a pen or pencil. And, of course, my body.

If I get attacked near my car, I'd have access to a stick, a pool cue, an ice scraper, quite a few books, a couple of knives, and other miscellaneous items. I have a valid reason for most of it to be in my car. I'd grab a book, the pool cue, or the stick first because those are the easiest to explain (the stick gets explained by the fact that I'm a martial arts instructor and I teach stick work). If I used one of the knives, then I might find myself in some hot water so they would be last resorts.

Mike

3. Spike

Spike New Member

Chains are getting to be quite common fashion accesories now, a lot of kids are wearing them on their jeans or have their keys or wallets attached to them, most clubs won`t let you in with them but walking about or in a pub is normally okay

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Not if its MY pub, gggggrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

If I get attacked near any car, I'd have access to a car as a weapon. Same as using a wall, floor, door, table, anything that you couldn't normally lift, instead of hitting your attacker with the weapon, hit the weapon with your attacker. And if you can pick up a car and hit someone with it I don't want to know.

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Sorry, I'm far too lazy to read the entire thread! ;)

But what will you do with the book, bore them to death!? :D

Only joking, I can see how a hard backed book could be used to strike pretty hard, and who would accuse you of carrying a weapon! :)

Obviously I can’t carry the chain unless I’m out with the dog, which rules out bar situations. But I still encounter unsavoury groups of people when walking through woods etc with mutt. And, don’t tell me off, but I did test the chain on a few trees and it can take the bark clean off quite easily. So I’m assuming that would end a fight damn quick if you slapped it round someone’s face!

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Softbacks work nicely as well if you use the spine.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

The fist works better than the book

|Cain|

9. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

My favorite is foreward thinking.

Not so much an obvious weapon, but it can help me think what in my surroundings could be a potential weapon. It also helps me to see a situation before it happens and run like hell to get away :D

Not that I'm a wimp you understand, but why should they get a free sparing session when everyone else has to pay at the club :D ah okay then I'm a wimp :D

10. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

As CKD said:
    Ahh, but that's not the only thing you can do with a book. You can slap with the flat for distraction. You can slap it over their eyes to temporarily blind them. You can throw it as a distraction. You can even, potentially, kill with it by striking with the spine into the trachea. Drop the book in a bag and now you've got a weighted flexible weapon which has all sorts of other possibilities.

And all these are still just the tip of the iceberg as to what's possible.

Depends on the situation and how you use the book.

But, for me, it's always preferable to use an inanimate object that doesn't bleed or feel pain.

Mike

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I agree a soft backed book will work also. But if you carrying a book purposefully for defence, isn’t it best to have the best? Something like a hard backed encyclopaedia should take a gang of hardened street thugies out! :p

12. johndoch

johndoch upurs

book attack

Using the spines not as effective as using a slicing action with the opposite side that opens . This ancient and deadly technique will result in multiple paper cuts and will cause your opponent to bleed to death.:D

13. Cain

Cain New Member

Seriously I think Mike's got a point, I think he could even turn a simple sheet of paper into a weapon......I am not experienced even a bit in weapons.

I used the fist as a substitution because a book and a fist cover almost he same range.......but then I could be wrong as I said b'fore I am inexperienced in weapons

And sometimes I think it should stay that way.......it's just me I guess

|Cain|

14. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I have to admit to being a bit of a nunchaka speed freak. I love the way it can be used to create loadsa power with minimal effort from its user it could even be used by someone in a wheelchair.

Does anyone have any good links for the nunchaka?

With regards to training with nunchaka does anyone else spar with them?

I fight with my mate who tends to use two kali sticks and its great fun even though I tend to get whacked on the hands/forearms quite a bit.

15. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

But that's the whole point. The reason a book is a good choice for me is that I almost always have one available. Not to defend myself with -- it's with me because I read it when I'm eating or taking a break or whatever. So whatever I happen to be reading at the time is what I'll use. And since paperbacks are more portable, they're usually what I have. Though I do occasionally carry hardbacks, too.

My absolute favorite weapon is whatever I happen to grab hold of when the need arises. Anything I don't have access to in that split second is absolutely useless.

I choose not to carry any weapons (i.e.: things specifically carried to be used as such) to avoid possible legal ramifications. As such, I look at everything in my environment as a potential weapon. Even a rock on the ground. If I can pick it up or knock my opponent onto it, then I'll use it as a weapon.

Mike

16. johndoch

johndoch upurs

"I choose not to carry any weapons (i.e.: things specifically carried to be used as such) to avoid possible legal ramifications. As such, I look at everything in my environment as a potential weapon. Even a rock on the ground. If I can pick it up or knock my opponent onto it, then I'll use it as a weapon."

Yep had a rock smashed into my head by some idiot and I have to say its a pretty effective weapon I was out for the count for about 5-10 secs.

17. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

And as far as my body weapons go, I'm a big fan of forearms/elbows, headbutts, knees/shins. I prefer slaps to fists and, if using a fist, hammer fists to jabs/crosses. My feet primarily get used for stepping/stomping on their feet/shins and for sweeping.

But, as I said before, if I can use something that doesn't bleed or feel pain, then that always takes preference over using my natural tools that do bleed and feel pain :)

Mike

18. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Fair points about the book, and most books I read are soft back asweel, but used right they'll do as much damage I'd guess!

Although you could carry a rock about and say you just happened to find it on the floor when needed ;)

19. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

LOL

Hadn't thought of that :)

Mike

20. Spike

Spike New Member

Voice of Prosecution Council: So you found the rock on the floor?
    pgm: yes sir
    Pros Coun: were there many rocks on the floor of the club?
    pgm: umm, yeah, there were loads
    Pros Coun: bit odd isn`t it
    pgm: no, it was a rock club