Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I thought you knew....

Steel barrelled fountain pen, tie/scarf/dog lead

2. wingchunapprent

wingchunapprent Banned Banned

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

My newest revolver. Ruger SP101. Nice double action revolver - .357 Magnum. 5 rounds. Nice and light. A dream to shoot. Easy to conceal.

[​IMG]

4. wingchunapprent

wingchunapprent Banned Banned

The RUC used to issue the ruger GP101 it was a six shot .38 but like all rugers built like a tank! Do you use a holster? the only one I have tried that wasnt a service pistol was one with no spur on the hammer.

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I use a Bianchi 6 waistband holster. Good price and comfortable. Does the job. Conceals it well.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

BEAUTIFUL!!!

7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Oh man Hannibal I tell you what. I practically had tears in my eyes shooting this baby.

8. Hannibal

My heart skipped a beat just looking at it!

9. Shiro Tora

Shiro Tora New Member

Favourite weapon by far is the chain whip but still working out the kinks, it would be nice to not have the business end in my own face at some point, and generally not very practical in extreme close quarters. When it comes to weapons I can actually use without injuring myself the trusty knife has to be number one; small enough to have on you at all times and it doesn't need to be used to cause major harm, a few superficial wounds and most assailants will understand that it's probably a good idea to step away. Short sticks (eskrima, kali) will always stay a sure favourite. Instead of a Kubotan I used to carry a permanent marker; can be used for all your pressure point strikes and no question about it's legality.

10. 47MartialMan

Using the .38+p+ is a powerful round.

Some say far more powerful than the standard 9mm para

11. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  12. 47MartialMan

Hammerless revolver seem to be a great idea when carrying in a pocket or a purse. It is a concept to keep the hammer from snagging

The main "con" to it is a less control feature.

With a hammer, one can control to ****-decock.

Also, there are many holsters out there which cover the hammer until the revolver is removed

13. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

My carry gun is a Sig P229 in 9mm, and my edc knife is a CS Recon 1

14. Hannibal

How do you rate the Recon? My EDC varies between my Carson M-16 or my CS Pocket Bushman

I have my eye on the CS Spartan, but it is flipping HUGE!

15. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

Love my recon, strong, holds an edge, and easy to resharpen. I also have a voyager for days I need something lighter. Its not much different except for the weight. The spartan is a monster, but they are pretty. And intimidating.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  16. ChrisJ

ChrisJ New Member

have you looked at the Espada?

17. Hannibal

Yeah - and the Rajah! Great tools, far too big for EDC!!!

18. 47MartialMan

*profanity thought* :rolleyes::wow:

19. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

Figures I would miss the obvious.... I still have warm fuzzies for the S&W 357.

I also went through a phase where I was hunting around for converted replicas of the old Navy Colts. From what I hear now, they're not such a great idea and I think I have grown out of my Black Powder infatuation.

BTW: the only knife I have carried was a GERBER Mark II. Brought it back from Overseas and promptly lost it. Crap. I never bought into the whole "big and bad" approach to knives, but I am really stunned at how hard it is to find a solid dependable fixed-blade. Seems that the SOG mystique has taken over the Markets, like people are going to don their cammies and go low-crawling through the neighborhood. Sheesh.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  20. 47MartialMan

"Back in the day", we weren't concerned with CCW, we simply carried them to and from the home, car, owned business, banking

There was a "Magnum Fad", and I had a S&W 686

Nowadays, Walther has a nice little whopper that is for CCW in .40

Can't blame you on the replicas. People like to have a nostagic item as close to real deal without having to pay through the nose

Gerber produces some fine quality, in my parts, these are known as "Gentleman's Tool" because of the "G" reference

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012