Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Banjar Man

Banjar Man New Member

Sometimes, people just carry concealed weapons just to have it on their bodies as a talisman of sort. Same as carrying a rabbit foot or horse shoe to ensure your luck, hidden weapons bring a sense of security on the carrier. The gut feeling that it is there if the need arises. But we know that an average joe might never have such encounter with a mugger in his life. The incidences might be rare but you never know if it was you picked as the next victim. You better be prepared.

2. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

I'd rather not have a false sense of security from carrying a weapon* and allow my newly-found and ill-placed armed confidence to take me into a potentially dangerous situation. I'd prefer to know that I am vulnerable and therefore be acutely aware that I should be careful in my surroundings.

Go to the sticky about wallhangers meeting flesh to see what happens when we get overconfident.

* that I probably wouldn't have time to use anyway

3. InsertUserName

InsertUserName New Member

:topic: If you're not constantly getting into real fights, you probably wouldn't need to carry a weapon around. Also, I thought this thread was about one's favourite weapon, not which weapon one carries around. If someone went around carrying staves or swords, they're probably not gonna get very far past the next police officer.

As for me, my favoured weapon is knives. So many knives and related stabbing implements lying around that you don't even have to keep one packed away on you. Esepcially if you go into a club with metal detectors.

4. TalkingHalls

TalkingHalls Valued Member

My favorite long range weapon would be my .308 FN-FAL assault rifle no scope.

A more practical fighting weapon would be my expandable police baton, my Glock combat knife, or my Survival knife.

5. Blast

Blast Valued Member

Nunchaku!

Ever since I was 6 years old I was training (playing) with them. I still train regularly with my nunchucks and I just love the speed and the moves of the weapon. It's also good for carrying it. Just like a knife, you can hide it in your pockets.

6. TheAxeman

TheAxeman Valued Member

a double bit axe 4 feet in length.
    i don't like tasers or guns mainly cause of my style of fighting and for some reason people don't run for cover when i have an axe as often as when i have an shotgun.

7. ScottUK

You sound like you get to fight regularly with an axe...?

8. TheAxeman

TheAxeman Valued Member

really?
    sorry that was not my intent.
    i was merely trying to state which weapon i feel most comfortable with (and thus favorite) and why i prefer it to more comparatively newer weapons

9. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

favorite weapons are sword and dual wielding a pair of butterfly knives.

10. Zalorticus

Zalorticus Jyo Gyo Nym

My favorite weapon is any type of stick, whether it be 2 feet long or 6. I like how simple but dangerous the weapon is.

Order: 1)5-6 foot staff 2)Tonfa 3)2-3 foot long stick

11. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

i always thought jutte where the blunt truncheon like ones and the sai the pokey eyeball remover one.

stupid comment a know but anyone else think sai (or jutte i mean eye pokey one) is a bit camp??

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

My understanding is that both the jutte and sai were blunt, but that the jutte had one tine coming out of the handle and the sai two.

I could be wrong though. Japanese/Okinawan weaponry isn't really my area.

13. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

sai has a tapering but blunt point, jutte has a completely cylindrical striking surface

14. Otataral

Otataral Sapientes Gladio

The sai would be my favorite weapon by far. Its a shame I have no idea how to use them, even though I do have a pair.

15. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

That depends on which ryuha's specifications the jutte is designed to.

16. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

My current favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ScottUK

I have three antique jutte, and only one is completely cylindrical and untapering. The second is octagonal and the third is octagonal tapering.

There is no definitive answer when it comes to buki design. Having similar concepts spread over thousands of miles will always create variation.

18. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

I like the katana.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  19. ScottUK

Anyone who uses the phrase 'samurai sword' needs introducing to one.

20. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see them.

Best regards,

-Mark