Favourite Weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Andy Murray, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

My main external weapon is the staff. One of the main reasons is that it is about the hardest weapon to hurt yourself with.

2. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

I don't know I've managed it a few times. :)

Cooler.

3. waya

waya Valued Member

I prefer the katana or knives and throwing weapons myself.

Rob

4. Andy Murray

Long range weapons are great too. uzi 9mm anyone?

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

*LOL* AM

yeah ya know Smith and Wesson make a good long range one. *LOL*

I like the Kama's and cane the best so far. Sword's are GREAT as well.

-Chazz

6. waya

waya Valued Member

LOL Long range???
    Anything in a .223 or larger will work for me :)

7. Chazz

*LOL* hehe True Dat.

8. waya

waya Valued Member

OK, what about close ranged and legal weapons. The cane counts in this but things like Kuboton or other small, pocket sized weapons.

9. Chazz

There isnt too many close weapons that you cary. A spring baton is always a good one though.

10. waya

waya Valued Member

There is a large variety not widely known.... I had my first experience with "The Duck" recently and it greatly impressed me. Some Saps and Blackjacks are also still legal, as well as some more well known ones. Tasers are becoming legal to carry in some places, although this literally scares me because you may bump into someone on accident now and get zapped for your trouble, which if you have never experienced one it is a very painful experience.

11. Chazz

The thing with tasers is that im afraid that one is end up shocking me for no reason or that if i need it, i wont work. Im more likely to just trust my hands than anything.

-Chazz

12. waya

waya Valued Member

I'm not a real big fan of them. I have used them, and had them used on me when I was being trained for my job, which let me know they will work, but there are too many variables with them that to me make them possibly unreliable and too dangerous to be publicly accessible.

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I've taught the use of the Kubotan but you have to be careful because over here its illegal to carry a metal one even on your keyring (Oops). Anyway, appraximately 99% off the things you do with one you can do with your fingers and knuckles. And the amount of things you find in a womans hand bag that you can turn into a weapon ;)

Anybody out there actually any good with shaken/shuriken? Everytime I try to practice something like that the cat scream and runs away.

14. Chazz

Yeah just about anything can be a weapon. Keys (knife), rolled up newspaper (baton, for blocking), purfume (mace), Brief case (shield), there are a lot of personal theing that you can use as weapons.

-Chazz

15. waya

waya Valued Member

I find that even carrying a small address book in an easy to reach pocket helps alot in a confrontation. I found this by accident when I was about 13 and pulled mine out and fliped it at the face of someone trying to start a fight and I got away from them, which considering there were more than one of them and just me that was the smartest thing I could have done. By flipping it at his face underhanded he flinched and jumped away, which gave me more than enough time to make myself look like the invisible man lol.

16. Chazz

*LOL* Interesting. I havent heard that done before.

-Chazz

17. Andy Murray

Maglite- Top Tip

I've never had to use it as one, but I have practiced using a small 'Maglite' as a Kubotan. They are incredibly tough. I keep mine on my key ring. I can flail with my keys ( just like an address book ), or apply it like a kubotan. Better yet I can flash it about or find things in the dark with it. About 6" and probably about $9, or £15 or so. Makes it harder to lose your keys as well... Oh yes, and its legal!

18. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Hey there I am with the rilfe boys,give me a parker-hale 7.62 sniper rifle anyday.
    Concealable stuff,I like a small chain with a padlock at each end,you can swing it,trap with it,wrap around your fist as a knuckle duster,and you can chain your bike up withit.And when the lawyers try to do you for carrying you can say it is a personal item.
    I also agree totally with the anything is a weapon theory.One teacher I was with put forward these simple principles to apply to any weapon
    Strike with the weapon
    Block with the weapon
    Strike and Block with your body weapons
    Use The Most Appropirate Weapon acording to the situation.

The last one is easier to say then to do ofcause

19. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I watched the Mummy Returns recently and saw the two ladies using Sai. Does anyone use these? If so, how best are they used? Are there kata with these weapons at all? Which martial art uses these?

Just wondering....

Melanie

20. khafra

khafra New Member

Great idea with the address book, unless you just took down the number of the hottest girl you'd ever met or something.
    In that event, I'd hope I had a couple judge's pens on me and some bagua expertise.
    I've also wanted to learn the 3-section staff for a while, but I know I'd give myself a concussion within 10 seconds of touching one.