favorite weapons?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by kareem, Jun 2, 2004.

1. kareem

kareem New Member

its kareem like i said im back and on a mission to be active this time on MAP. trying to read up a little on every comment made by my fellow tkdoist. my question to everyone is which weapon happens to be your favorite. I only know how to use the nunchucks, bo staff, and sword, but i enjoy the nunchucks becuz i feel they are the most fun just my opinion dont take it personal! what do u think hmmmmm?

2. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

reverse punch,
    3 sectional staff,
    staff,
    cane,

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I like the cane, stick, and knife... mainly because the cane can be legally carried and sticks and knives are fairly accessible.

4. kareem

kareem New Member

thanks for posting i would love be be taught the three section staff, and i have a fighting cane and i just play around with it doing as many joint locks as i can think of but, still would like to learn.

5. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

I like bo staff best, I think it can look really elegant and controlled when userd well. Nunchuks and 3 - section staff are weapons that appeal to me to learn at some point, partly from the point of view that they are quite physically challenging to practice with. Hehe - the 3 section staff looks like it could be more dangerous to the wielder than the opponent !

6. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

I particularly like the Sword and Nunchucks, I think that they look awesome when used properly.

The Bo is such a graceful weapon and the power it generates is terrifying.

I also like the Jo (short staff/cane) as it looks so inconspicuous and in most social confrontation scenarios they can be found - pool cue etc.

7. merlinmsk

merlinmsk Yeah....

i prefer for weapons...
    1. Sword
    2. Bo
    3. Escrimas

i can't stand nunchakus. they get in my way too much.

8. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

Probably the nunchaku staff.Oh yea,they wup ass. I taught myself how to use them!

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Like them myself too, but I am by no means an expert. Would love to become one though :D before I kill myself with them :D

Knife is a good choice too as well as a cane.

10. kareem

kareem New Member

now that i think about it i would also like to use the whip chain! it looks really difficult keep on posting!

11. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

When first learning it - oh yes. Get a foam one, so when you wack your self up upon your head (and you will), it wont knock you out. Great thing about it is that when you mess up, you hit your self twice, not just once.

12. shalomdokwan87

shalomdokwan87 Valued Member

it is a 3 section staf and it is hard to use just helping but my favorite wepon would have to be the tonfa i would say because it is what i started off with and i have goten pritty good at it.