Favorite Weapon?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by nunchaku8587, Nov 7, 2003.

1. nunchaku8587

nunchaku8587 Valued Member

just wanna know what your favorite weapon is for preforming or watching or just fun to work with....

2. ninja pimp

ninja pimp New Member

well i enjoy throwing shaken and the ninja boken is a fun thing to mess a round with then theres the grapple hook muwamamawhua!

3. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

longsword
    Its long and poky nad slicy and hacky and cleavy and twohandedy and onehandy and sheildy use withy.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

escrima sticks
    knives ("combat folder" type)
    katana

5. Jackie Li

Jackie Li Valued Member

Spear or nunckunku

6. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

Old Yang Short Stick
    Yang Broadsword (Shou Hou side)
    Bagua Dragon Pole Form

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Glock 17!!!!!

8. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

i'd luv a katana..

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

A heavy 31" rattan stick

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

The eskrima sticks, very practical. For fun, the balisong...just learning to manipulate it is fun:D , getting cut sucks tho:( .

11. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Pacific, tape your blade till you get the hang of the techniques, or buy a cheap one and take the edge off, will save you a few pints of blood!!

12. ShadowDrakken

ShadowDrakken New Member

I'm partial to naginata myself, takes a lot of practice though (as I'm sure all of them do)

For inexpensive practice weapons, my group uses thick wall PVC piping covered in copper pipe foam insulation sleeves. Leave the hilt unpadded and give the blad about 1" extra past the PVC (stuff the 1" with 1-2 pieces of small foam to stiffen it), duct tape the tip, just takes 2 pieces at 90deg from each other, then wrap the blade portion in duct tape down to the bare PVC portion (taper it onto the bare part). Then take electrical tape and wrap the hilt portion in 3-4 layers (holds the duct tape and gives a comfortable, semi-natural feel)

viola, inexpensive practice sword that's reasonably safe to use (they still hurt if you're swinging full strength)

there's other tricks you can use with the PVC to get curved blades, staffs, polearms and blunt headed weapons, but they're a lot more involved and not very effective

13. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

My favourites are Bo, Sai, Jo, nunchaku, and of course arnis sticks and not not in any particular order..

One can never have too many arnis sticks! :)
    I carry a pair behind the drivers seat in the car just in case I need them.

Oops! Forgot to add my ninja flick stick! :D

I'd love a katana too..... its the next weapon I need to get

14. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

the nunchuks, baby. always have at least 1 w/ me. also, the butterfly knife -- fast and sharp.

15. Soete-tsuki

Soete-tsuki New Member

Katana, though I've found Jian quite fun =)

16. Coyote

Coyote New Member

I gotta say, tonfas are fun to work with-- so many choices, so many uses, so many ways to hit! And watching somebody who knows what they're doing is breathtaking.

And, of course, I gotta add my two cents. Katana is very cool, and so is Chinese Broadsword!

17. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

I've always held a fondness for the Chinese broadsword, either alone or in pairs. I am only a novice with this weapon, but already it is close to my heart. I hope to gain much proficiency with this beautiful and effective weapon as I continue my training.

I am most proficient with a pair of sticks, however. I have picked up some Arnis and Serrada at various places in my travels and discovered a natural aptitude for stick work. The great thing about stick fighting is that you can almost always find a stick close by.

I have actually defended myself with a pair of sticks with great success, ending the conflict without injury to myself and only a really bad headache to my attacker, which I thought was pretty nice of me considering he came at me with the heavy end of a pool cue. It started with me empty-handed. I was doing fine even though I botched my first attempt at a disarm, then a friend ran up and handed me a pair of sticks. From that point on it was simply block-block strike, block-block strike until my stick found his temple and dropped him. It was only a tap, luckily. I never wanted to hurt anyone, only to end the conflict. If I had been more skilled I probably would have easily disarmed him without further incident, but since I tried and failed I had to consider my own safety and well-being too.

Anyway...those are my favorites. I also like the staff, all kinds of swords, and I'm not a bad shot with a throwing knife. I never cared much for nunchucks although I'm fairly adequate with them. I'm looking forward to learning more of the three-sectioned staff, but it's not something I've a natural aptitude for.

18. Redhotdragon

Redhotdragon New Member

I love the nunchaku...i'd love to learn sai...

19. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

To watch:
    - Chinese Straight Sword
    - Chinese Double Broadsword
    - 9 sectional chain whip
    - Balisong
    - Just about any bolo or other Malay/Phillipino Sword
    - Ring and gunting blades

To use:
    - 31' Rattan sticks
    - Karamit
    - Chinese Broadsword
    - Balisong
    - Tactical Folder

As you can tell I dig the Chinese and Fillipino stuff. Japanese swords are beautiful, but I find them a little less expressive.

- Matt

20. LowBlowJoe

LowBlowJoe New Member

Hi ive used brass nuckles once but that was a couple years ago in a fight were i got jumped by three people they work wonders
    but i like to use a pipe like pvc or a rod to hit the attacker in the legs and arms :)