favorite technique

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by dark_blade15, Jul 23, 2005.

1. dark_blade15

dark_blade15 New Member

what is your favorite type of technique in jujutsu in self defence and in sparring. let it be a joint lock throw anything?

2. jujitsuka07

jujitsuka07 Body by Pizza Hut!

One of my fellow classmates likes the seemingly effortless Tai Otoshi - "Body Drop", and I like Uchi Mata - "Inside Thigh".

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  3. Punch-Kik-Choke

Punch-Kik-Choke Banned Banned

FLYING TRIANGLE CHOKE!!
    (if I could do it of course!)

Regular traingles are cool too

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

My absolute favourite is the sweeping loin throw/ hip throw, follow them down into side mount and finish with a keylock or kimura depending which way they land :D This one works for me quite often in sparring or randori. I like chokes a lot too, particularly the RNC or the guillotine
    On the ground, I'm a big fan of the omoplata or armbar from guard and I always try to sink the body triangle/ RNC combo whenever I get their back (which isn't very often ;))

5. Leo_E_49

Leo_E_49 Valued Member

My new favourite (and most powerful) throw is Osoto Gari.

My favourite lock is the figure four armlock.

6. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

flying triangles are not too hard if they are set-up properly. they can be pulled off quit easily from the sprawl.

7. Posiview

Posiview New Member

Full and half shoulder; head, hip and knee throw; one handed throws.

Nice..

8. Developing

Developing Valued Member

Don't really have a favorite technique but have one that made me the happiest. Kodigiash aka wrist manipulation technique.

One scenario occurred when I was standing toe to toe with an instructor in a sparring sequence when I caught him with a hook to the body and immediately applied the wrist lock from a standing position. I don't know who was more suprised me or him.

Second scenario happened when I'm playing a game with another instructor that's kind of like sparring except your sitting down. Let me explain,when you have an injury like a knee problem or hamstring or anything with your leg making it difficult to move around you have to get creative with your training. I have a teacher who has a game where you sit down cross legged in front of one another and attempt to punch each other in the face. Your blocking and defensive skills are really tested when you do this. Anyway during one session after I wiped the blood from my mouth and returned from the bathroom after making sure all my teeth were still there I returned sat right in front of him and after parrying some of his strikes I was able somehow to get that wrist manipulation technique off again.

I was very happy.

9. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Out of the sheer fun of trying to pull it off, flying juji-gatame.

10. mhyst

mhyst New Member

I think my favourite would have to be yoko otoshi. No wait, the one like yoko otoshi but you flick the leg as you go down.. can't remember the name sorry :)

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol :D Just keep practicing, im sure you'll get there! :p

My favorite technique? Rear Naked Choke without a doubt :D Closely followed by the Kimura from north/south, then the Armbar :)

12. dark_blade15

dark_blade15 New Member

well for me my favorite throw right now is osoto gari. it is easy to perform and its really effective. my favority joint locking technique the kote gaeshi and all its variations. kote gaeshi is simple to do, effective, and looks cool when u do it too. there is one trick do to the kote gaeshi. u have to strike and perform kote gaeshi quickly before your oppent makes resistence to the joint lock. if the opponent is unawere well you probably dont have to strike but i would strike any way .

13. Kimura

Kimura New Member

my favorites hmmm lets seee RNC ,armbar from the cross and triangles from anywhere....

14. Punch-Kik-Choke

Thats true!

I've nailed them falling to gaurd from a takedown also.

I was thinking along the lines of "mad monkey style" :)

15. Punch-Kik-Choke

RNC has gotta be the best for Da Str33t!

16. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Gyaku ippon seoi nage (Locked elbow shoulder throw) if done properly, noone can do a decent ukemi from it.

17. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

Lol, you sicko.....

*snap....flip....crash*

My kind of fighting hehe.

My favourite move is the shoulder wheel....granted its easy to counter but i just love hurling people to the ground from over my head....plus when done fast it really is quite amazing.

18. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I love the triangle and the crucifix....

19. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I love the omoplata from the open guard, and then lock the arm down and go for the crucifix

20. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Oh if you like that one, there is kata guruma otoshi (Shoulder wheel drop) as well. After hiking the guy up, drop on to your lead knee and smash him down, head first.