Favorite Submission/MMA Fighters

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Korpy, May 10, 2005.

1. JiuJitsu500

JiuJitsu500 Valued Member

rtkd, you have some good points, but look at the facts. go to the gracie academy website, look at any of their movies Rickson's in, anything about Rickson says this. Besides, i train at a ROYCE GRACIE academy in Moreno Valley, Ca. on Sunnymead Blvd. He comes about once a year in Feb. this year he didn't come, instead, he had Rodrigo Gracie and Rigan Machado come.
    Because of that, i believe them. And, i met Randy Coutoure, Chuch liddel, Nathan Quarry, george St. pierre, all the guys at the last UFC because my friend got backstage tickets for the weigh ins. all of them know of Rickson's record. i asked nathan quarry personally, and diego sanchez. both know it's 400+-0-0, and most were much heavier.

I'll believe the Gracies and Machados thank you.

no, Royce probably won't win against Fedor, but it's not weight. it's power. but, his size gives him that power. we have a conundrum.

and, i can see your point about weight classes in the ground game. even if the sport has evolved, i think the system should be Style vs style, even if it is camps or systems. Miletich vs. the Pit, quest vs. brazilian top team. sounds good.

i don't think it should be weight still, even though you had a great point. skill is number one. Bob Sapp has lost many fights to smaller guys.

he is easily one of the most powerful men in MMA, or the world. he has fought K-1 for a long time, and his size is good, but look at his fight against noguiera.

170 kilos, Bob Sapp. 375 pounds or so. Nogiera weighed 100 kilos, 220 pounds.

thats 155 pounds, who won? not Sapp.

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

Sapp vs Akebono, that was 150 pounds in favour of Akebono. who won? not Akebono.

and did you see the sapp-nog fight? Nog took HUGE punishment. if it werent for his unnatural chin Nog would have been out.

edit- and of course the gracies would say that. Go ask Helio about his sons record- he isn't quite so convinced.

3. JiuJitsu500

yes, nog was beaten badly, but who won is the point.

nog is a wierd guy, he can take a beating.

I've never talked to Helio, but i will believe the gracies.

you go ask Bas Rutten about his last 22 fights. he won them all, is he lying? no.

None of the gracies would last in today's bouts because of the rules, like three minutes in a round.

you ever try to tap out a good grappler in three minutes, even if you're better? not easy. that's why the guys in todays MMA would beat the legends of old.

anyway, lets move on.

my favortites are still

RICKSON GRACIE
    BAS RUTTEN
    MIRKO CROCOP
    VANDERLAI SILVA
    RANDY COUTOURE

great fights.

best fight ever was BONNER VS. GRIFFIN. 15 mins of blood, sweat, more blood. brawls in cage = great.

4. JiuJitsu500

oh, wait, didn't Sapp weigh 375 pounds? akibono weighed 450? not 150 pounds, try 75 if i am right about the weight.

5. Kimura

Kimura New Member

i agree bonner vs griffin was a great fight one of the best ones ive seen. i will have to say my favorite fighters are:
    royce gracie
    Chuck Liddel(chuck lives and trains in my town S.L.O!!)

6. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

Heh, favorites eh...

Ramon Dekkers - he fought mma once so shabam he tops my list.
    Randy Couture - MMA legend, no need to explain
    Georges St-Pierre - Gotta love "Rush", Extremely well conditioned, young, really nice guy, great all around fighter, and he's Canadian... He has a bright future ahead.
    Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic - No need to explain.
    Jens Pulver - "Little Evil"... I can't believe I'm the only person with him on my list.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Jens Pulver is an awesome fighter; have you read his book before? if not, it's definitely worth a read!

8. HotstufFuntime

HotstufFuntime New Member

sorry for resurrecting an old thead but I thought that all you Mark Kerr fans might want to know that he will be fighting again May 6th in Denver.
    I hope he still has it.

He'll be fighting Wes sims, who is anxious after comming off that brutal gracie fight.

9. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

Cro Cop
    Silva
    Rampage Jackson

10. Seagalfan231

Seagalfan231 New Member

Royce Gracie
    Dan Severn
    Ken Shamrock
    Tito Ortiz
    Evan Tanner
    Rich Franklin
    Randy Couture

11. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

Gracies
    Sakuraba
    Oleg Taktarov
    Fedor
    Wand
    Yoshida
    Crocop
    Genki Sudo
    BJ Penn
    Georges St Pierre
    Nog Brothers
    Bas Rutten
    Shamrocks

12. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

My top 5

Bas Rutten
    Randy Couture
    Bas Rutten
    Sakuraba
    Bas Rutten
    Rampage Jackson
    Bas Rutten
    Genki Sudo
    Bas Rutten

Hit him in the liiiiiiveeeer!!!

13. pmitch89

pmitch89 Thats Nucking Futs!!

My fav mma fighters are Hidehiko Yoshida, Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, Andrei Arvslowski, Sakuraba, George St. Pierre, Ken Shamrock, Royce Gracie

14. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

As I previously mentioned, Bas Rutten is my hero. He is truly the most entertaining man in NHB. Or perhaps the world's most violent comedian.

Also, as a gongfu guy myself, I'm a big fan of Jason DeLucia. Especially since I realized that he both looks and sounds eerily like Ray Ramano.

15. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Taktarov
    Fedor
    Crocop
    Franklin
    Liddell
    Wand
    Hughes
    Rush St Pierre
    Shogun

16. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

chuck liddell because of his legendary take-down defenses, and how he just "gets up" whenever guys take him down. i love how he can be a pure striker & almost never get taken down, forcing pure grapplers to stand up to him, then die :D .

i also love watching andrei arlovski. that guy's just crazy.