favorite kick

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

I'm boring...but, I like it just the same...

Side kick...

Aaron

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Fake front leg sliding side kick, followed by back piercing kick.

For ultimate effect with jumping but that's nearer the old spiral kick than anything else ;)

P.s IMO cresecent kick can only be out to in - in to out is a hooking kick :D probably the most confusing cross terminology kick in TKD! :D

3. Darkflames21

Darkflames21 New Member

My favorite three kicks: roundhouse, back side kick, and spinning hook kick.

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

ooohhhh i love all kicks....TKD really rocks, don't u think people???
    although i have to say that neryo is really special to me. whenever i used it at competitions i KOed my opponent.

the other day i was talking to a friend of mine who trains karate, and i showed her some kicks. she told me that they don't have some of them in karate. after that she watched a training session (that consisted of a lot of combinations, working with pads) and she was thrilled. she'll join our TKD classes ha ha ha

i convert people to TKD all the time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :) :) :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  5. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

Succinctly, I agree with some of the above posters....in that, there is a difference between show and sport kicks.

I can most assuredly perform a 720 degree kick in the air, however, while sparring.....I am limited to just 3/4.

(Sorry, don't know the the English terms...)

1. Roundhouse (and all it's alterations)
    2. Back kick
    3. Axe kick
    4. "Jab" kick

Tournament competitors just don't allow for the fancy kicks anymore, as they are well trained players, and will capitalise on such mistakes. At least, in Korea.

Then again, I've been training/teaching in Korea for the last 7 years, and I've no knowledge on how things are run 'overseas'.....so forgive me for this ignorance.

Cheers,

Yang, Dae-han

6. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Glad to see you aboard Yang. Always good to see Koreans on the site :D

What organisation you with ITF/WTF I was privelaged to watch the North Korean and South Korean Demo teams this summer (North Korean "life") and was truly impressed.

Enjoy MAP! :D

7. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

RE:

Jump spin hook kick, I love those.:D

8. thekingster

thekingster New Member

I favor the inside-outside crescent kick...great whipping kick, scores head-high...even for the flexibility challenged.

9. Matt_USMC

Matt_USMC New Member

good answer

10. Disciple

Disciple New Member

1.Yup Dwi Toyllo chagi (Jump back spinning roundhouse kick)
    2.Yum Bahl Up Chagi (double front, ie v kick)
    3. P'ia Chagi

And what do you mean Tornado kick? As in jumping spinning back insideoutside cresent followed by an ouside inside kick in the same jump and spin?

11. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

is neryo chagi axe kick?

12. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Yes it is, sometimes known as hammer kick, too.

13. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

in K-1, neryo chagi is also known as ''Andy Hug'' kick.

14. Juhng Shin

Juhng Shin New Member

What do u mean by tornado kick?
    :confused:

15. Juhng Shin

Juhng Shin New Member

I like Spinning side hook and back kicks. I also like I kick I think I sort of made up I do a left inwords cresent kick and leve my leg up then I Jump do a outwords cresent kick with my left leg and a inwords with my right leg It's hard to explain without doing it.

16. jwc

jwc New Member

I like the push kick. It is not a powerful scoring kick, but it does its job. It frustrates your opponent and throws off their balance.

17. RubyMoon

RubyMoon New Member

In the "Best Bang for the Buck" category, I choose the plain old tried and tested front thrust kick, hands down. If I could have only one kick in my arsenal, that would be the one.

18. Ara

Ara New Member

i agree with the above in that there are kicks that look cool and kicks that do the job with the least hassle.

I think my best 'bang for buck' kick would have to be side kick, plain, simple and packs a nasty punch with speed.

As for kicks that look good, id say jumping reverse turning kick, when it is done how it should be ;) there are a few others, but im not quite sure of the names, they are kinda hybrid versions of kicks already in existence, ill try to find some links to video files or image fils showing them :)

19. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

I LOVE THE ROUNDHOUSE KICK AND JUMP FRONT SNAP KICK!!!!

20. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

Front leg side kick.

I just jab it it above the hip when my opponent steps in. Its not very powerful, but it stops their attack before it starts.