Favorite belt color

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flutterfists, May 11, 2006.

?

Favorite belt color?

1. White

31 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Yellow

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Orange

9 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Green

23 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Blue

41 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Red

53 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Purple

26 vote(s)
    7.9%
  8. Brown

13 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Black

109 vote(s)
    33.2%
  10. Other

17 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I'm voting for Red as its the only colour I haven't had. (apart from other, which could be mulberry, or truffle I guess?)

2. Sheep

Sheep Valued Member

I'd choose blue or red, but because I have a black gi, I personally think red contrasts the uniform much more.

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

if it was the ranking system id say white but its not so blue. good old pompey colours

4. Svart

Svart Valued Member

Green is definitely favourite, comes from burning love for the Three Ninjas movies as a child. And also, GREEN RANGER! I love blue too though.

5. memmek10k

memmek10k Valued Member

I would say blue is mine favlorte

6. Spinal

Spinal Valued Member

Belt? What belt?

White Gets dirty too easily
    Yellow A good first step. (Also doubles as a high-vis system when on a bike)
    Orange Stains the Gi yellow for some odd reason
    Green Not bad
    Blue Turned my yellow stain into a green stain... moderately acceptable
    Red Fades too easily
    Purple A purple band is a sign of mourning in Italy (where I come from)
    Brown Only if made of leather, with a tailored suit to match
    Black Makes you go invisible, right? Or is this the one that gives you supernatural powers? Oh wait... it's just a first step towards learning a complex art ;)
    Other ...hmm... camo? studded? flashing-led? Neon? Maybe another time...

M.

7. madknight

madknight Valued Member

black for me(favorite colour and just looks cool :D). red is a close second(though i don't like how everyone says it fades to pink :p)

8. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Red is the best for me. Looks great on our black suits. Unfortunately about 13 years ago "someone" gave me a Black one and said I have to wear that now, you can hardly see it! LOL

9. kenpokidd

kenpokidd Valued Member

IMO I would have to say that red is my favorite. Our gi's are black in Kenpo and it goes well with the red.

10. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

i put brown just because i liked that belt and it was the first one i got that wasnt a bright color lol, the black does look good against the white gi though

11. 1998232v6

1998232v6 Capoeira = Life

White cord...in Capoeira it is the highest with the rank of Grand Mestre (Grand Master)

12. potlucky10

potlucky10 Valued Member

Our gis are blue I always liked the way the brown look on them. Red would prob be a close second.

13. vismitananda

vismitananda Valued Member

Almost all of my shirts are black, so I would really say "Black" :D. But Red and Blue looks good too.

14. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Black is still the coolest for me. I'd say Red comes in next.

15. ColaMike

ColaMike Valued Member

Blue. Simply enough, back when I was in Tang Soo Do, blue was the color of the highest rank in the one I went to.
    Never reached it there, but later on I joined a Tae Kwan Do and got a blue belt... well...

16. Zen Warrior

Zen Warrior Red Dragon System

Green to me is the first sign of strength of course in our style the belts are White, Yellow, orange, blue, green, brown, black and then Red when you get to 10th dan. I respect anyone within the style I train in at green belt belt level as proficient fighters. Of course I want my black belt but I'll get there with time.

17. jsteczko

jsteczko New Member

Blue or black... Blue is a nice color that calms down and black is a classic color.

18. TaeAno

TaeAno Certified Ninja

Black is my favorite color! Although i do like dark blue

19. chrisburnett87

chrisburnett87 New Member

Hello,
    My favorite belt color is Black. I have a belt. This color is black.

20. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Yellow is my fave color. I got mine in feb and put it on and I thought it looked so pretty and bright! =]

and I had people like my senseis told me how pretty it was and i looked so good in yellow. :)

after that i think i like orange, and then blue. They're my fave color belts.