Favorite belt color

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flutterfists, May 11, 2006.

?

Favorite belt color?

1. White

31 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Yellow

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Orange

9 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Green

23 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Blue

41 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Red

53 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Purple

26 vote(s)
    7.9%
  8. Brown

13 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Black

109 vote(s)
    33.2%
  10. Other

17 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

You can always start training in a different martial art and get the white one back! :D

2. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

If I was going by colour, I'd be in a rush to change mine now. The shade of yellow and orange we're using now are enough to make your eyes bleed. (Let me skip to green, let me skip to green...) We don't use an all ****e belt at all, so I can't go back to that.

3. ember

ember Valued Member

:D

Naaahhh. This was my third time starting an art, and I like it enough that I think I'll stick with it.

It's just that... I've heard that when you promote to KJN in our art, you get a double-wide white belt. So I'm stilll not entirely sure whether this was a desire to go BACK, or a desire to go FORWARD... :confused:

4. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

And man u ;)

White all the way :D No question about it

5. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Pink. My cousin's school uses a pink belt before red. I like pink plus I love to hear the story of his pink belt. Jerry is a very well built kid. He was fourteen, and hated to look immasculine and always thought the color pink to be immasculine. He had a mandatory seminar coming up in like three weeks when he earned his pink belt. He was so embarrassed to wear a pink belt in front of the high ranking people at the seminar that he wore a white one over top of it. (his school wont allow you to wear a belt lower than your current rank, so he had to have his pink belt on.)

6. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

I'll take the gold sash at my kwoon. :)

7. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I like my beige one with tiny black marks all over it... If I had any choice, it'd probably be the same thing except red or blue instead of beige.

8. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I like pink...

9. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

wasn't there one school owner who changed his black belts to pink to see if people still wanted them? Funny story even if not true.

"I'm a 5th dan pink belt, worship me"
    You'd fall over laughing!

10. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

My favorite belt was white, the beginning.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  11. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

The most annoying belts which I never saw 25yrs ago, but seem to be common today are the two color belts ie. a black belt with a white stripe through the middle all the way around, black and orange, etc.

12. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Best belt would have to be pink.

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ooh, suits you sir!!!

I'm saying green as I just did my green sash grading today!!

14. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

What no camo?

15. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

has to be a lovely suede one, or one of those cool ones from river island with an eagle on...

16. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

i have a yellow sash and dam well proud of it :D ...takes alot of time to progress in Nam Ga -from sash to sash- so i guess ill be stuck here for a while lol
    it took close to a year and a half for me to pass to yellow and even then my sifu said that it ususally takes longer :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  17. Cloud9

Cloud9 Valued Member

I suspect folks have a hard time doing that. :rolleyes: Perhaps if you indicated that for these purposes black is the equivalent of a white belt, maybe the numbers would change? :)

18. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Probably. :cry:

Honestly though, I doubt it. Black would probably be the most popular choice anyway. It's just so... bold looking, you know?

19. JSun

JSun Valued Member

Purple is just so...

[​IMG]

Pimp :cool:

20. Kali.101

Kali.101 New Member

Red. The Colour of blood and all that jazz ;)