fat burners?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tekkengod, Jan 5, 2007.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

ok, i bouth some xyience fat burners and growth formula pills
    now the fat burners, i've heard a few people say they're not healthy and in fact dangerous as they raise your heart rate and that people regularly die becasue of symtoms associated with fat burners. so is this true? is it safe to take them in moderation? 1 maybe 2 a day as reccommend. anyway. anybody taken them?

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Why do you want to take them? Are you fat?
    I don't believe in fat burner pills (Its cheating)
    If you have a problem with your weight just exercise and eat healthy food or something, don't shove crap down your throat.

3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

your all of 16 right what do you know about losing wt. wait till your 30+ and then you'll see, it is'nt as easy as diet, and exercise.i do have a healthy diet and i train ma , do cardio, and lift wts. 6 days a week and it is hard to lose those extra pounds. oh never mind i'm going cause i got to eat a snickers :D

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

well i've got a small tire around my waist lol but i'm taking them to cut weight for wrestling i'm 160 looking to hit 140 in 2 weeks.

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Oh why didn't you say so?

How much exercise are you doing during the week?
    I might just help to boost the protein in your diet, run longer (With warm heavy clothes) Do core exercises.

I understand g-bells what is like to be overweight and have a slow metabolism......
    Just kidding.

P.s Yes at one stage of my very,very,very,very,very,very young life I was a fat slob, that sat on my bum in front of the computer eating honey sandwiches on thick white bread.....

6. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

just playing around H but it does get harder the older you get

7. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

The only way you're going to lose 20lbs in two weeks is if you cut both your arms off.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

believe me i know how to cut weight fairly well this is just a larger amount than usual. I run about 2 miles 4 or 5 days a week on a fairly rough course with plenty of hill we do lots core work and i can shed about 8 pounds of water/food weight at the last few hours. so i wanna give em a try, i figured it can only help but before i start popin em i need a little feed back.

9. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

they usually take a little longer than 2 weeks to kick in

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

yeah i know :D

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I think the difference that non-ephedra fat burners make is minimal, I think I saw somewhere that the difference is as little as 100 calories. Stick to diet and exercise, it's cheaper.

12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Coma, I agree and disagree.

I find that diet pills ALONE (such as spike/hydroxycut/HotROX) might only burn 100 calories (going by your number). But I dont use them for that. I use them for the extra burst of energy and speed when doing my workout, cardio and resistance, to really burn the fat away. I don't think they should be used as a substitute for training, but as a SUPPLEMENT, they are wonderful, and help get u under the 60 sec rest mark that you might need for your next set.

IMO.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I'm sorry, but that's not strictly true. Cutting his legs off would lose more weight than cutting his arms off.

And cutting his head off would be better still. ;)

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I'm pretty sure Spike isn't intended as a fat burner, just a stimulant. Using diet pills as a stimulant will obviously burn more fat than a workout without them, but if you just want a stimulant there's a lot of products that are designed solely for this purpose.

15. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

20lbs in 2 weeks is ridiculous. Don't even bother because the state you would be in at the end will make it pointless. It's not impossible, but you will be losing a lot of muscle and strength on top of the last minute water losses and depleted glycogen stores. Even then, I still think you will find it hard to make it.

16. hansen

hansen New Member

the only fat burners iv taken are xenadrine and stacker 2.

i recon stacker 2 were awesome and they got my 6pak up. its gone now as im in a relationship and "comfy" :)

17. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Good Diet, appropriate consumption of water ( L-Canitine ) Can assist with shrinking fat cells. I use this when I cut-up.

Kew-Do