Fargo TV remake

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Apr 15, 2014.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

They filmed it outside my sister-in-laws house in some scenes :)

Calgary is becoming a bit of a hotbead for film and TV

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

That film is on my list of all time worst films I have ever seen. HATED that film! So, I won't be tuning in to the tv show.

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

They film a lot of stuff in our apartment block and neighbouring blocks. Kinda funny to head out in the morning and see a whole camera crew outside drinking coffee. There was loads of screams one night a lot of the old people in the block got scared...especially when they saw the "police"!

Whaaat? Each to their own, but why didn't you like it?

It's on my list of all time bestest films.

I have no idea why they are remaking it, or what the heck they will do with it, but I'll give it a shot.

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

:eek:

Always an exception to the rule I guess. But seriously it's a great film!

6. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

I also didn't like this film. I never even finished it.
    I stopped it after half an hour and delete it in the following days.

To be honest I've never like Coen Brothers' works. Except from Big Lebowski which I have watched many times.
    It's still really weird though, because this film is considered a masterpiece from my favourite movie critic Roger Ebert, with whom I have a very similar taste.
    I also have never stopped a movie before. I ALWAYS watch them till the end, but this was really boring to me and to my sister. First time I couldn't stand a movie that much.

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I would try it again, it starts pretty slow and builds toward a great climax. You missed like the best part.

8. aaradia

Nope- the ending is terrible. I wish I had stopped watching a half hour into it like Madao.

9. nimpy

nimpy Valued Member

I must be about the only person that has never seen the film.....

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Coen Brothers films are awful.

I watched Blood Simple after an uncle gave it raves reviews and found it unbearable to watch.

True Grit is one of the few films I left early and asked for a refund.

11. Bozza Bostik

Miller's Crossing? No Country for Old Men?

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Nope and nope.

Did watch The Ladykillers and O Brother, though.

Awful. :(

13. Bozza Bostik

Miller's Crossing, although I liked it, I get why people wouldn't. No Country I thought was great.

O Brother, I agree with you on that one. Clooney is pretty hard to watch IMO.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Michael Bay is my favourite director so take that as you will. :p

15. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

That, sir, is the unpardonable sin!

16. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

hahaha. The way I see it you should give them a last chance and watch The Big Lebowski.
    One of the best comedies if not the best comedy I have ever watched and the direction is simply great! I really enjoyed it! Especially John Goodman's outbursts of explosive rage!
    Recommending comedies is tough, because everyone enjoys and laughs with a different kind of humour, but still give it a try!

17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The Coen Brothers can be an acquired taste sometimes, but No Country for Old Men is a really top film.

18. aaradia

I love the film "Raising Arizona."

I don't think I have seen any other Coen Brothers films besides that and Fargo.

Really, none of the ones people are mentioning here sounded interesting to me.

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The Coen brothers make excellent films. I've got nearly all of them, possibly the only exception is 'The Ladykillers', which I've heard isn't very good. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try to remake a classic, however talented you are.

Which is why I'm not that bothered if I don't get to see the remake of 'Fargo', because I suspect that I'll only compare it to the original and be unimpressed.

By the way, anyone who doesn't like 'Blood Simple' and 'O Brother Where Art Thou' is mentally deficient. Just saying. ;)

20. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Finally caught up with this. The first one was excellent! Watched the second one too, have another two to catch up.. Anyone watching?