Farewell Mappers.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Murray, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim

Jim New Member

There's no such thing as an irreconcilable difference. Or more specifically, all differences are irreconcilable through the nature of difference. That's the whole point of this forum in the first place, to make MAist's challenge themselves and their viewpoints even where that means asking yourself questions that you don't want to answer. I know I have.

If you look at the past few years I think that you'll find that we've all had issues with one another that looked to be 'the end' at the time but some reason (person) or another made us look at it differently and come back again. Cain started a thread that made me not want to be here once, Kurohana said a permanent goodbye once before, Mel's taken a bit of a back seat, the list goes on... It's not easy, it's MAP.

I tried to send a PM but the box is full. I'm at work so I don't have the contact numbers here otherwise I'd see what else I could do. Here's what it said:

---
    Since I've been away for a few days it seems like the wheels have fallen off big time. I realise that things may not be going well at the moment and that when there's other mitigating circumstances things can be taken out of context and fuses are a little smaller than normal.

Things here aren't the same as they were 2 years ago and I doubt they'll be the same in another 2 years but only with the right people in the right positions (or at least contributing) will MAP get where it should be.

Anyway, when you wanna share you know where I am.

Your mate,

Jim
    ---

A bit annoying for those who have no idea what's going on in the background and the surmising is always worse than what the actual problem would be. Hope the 'second thoughts' overcome those differences for all concerned for the bigger picture which is the well being of MAP.

2. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Hey Andy,

Although I might be a "new guy" still, you've always made this an interesting place to discuss. It shows you definitely don't need to agree with someone to learn so much from them. Good luck, hope we see you again, talk to you later.

Kelly

3. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Sad to see you go Andy, especially after you have put so much into this place.

Good luck and be well

cheers
    Jane

4. Master Lee

Master Lee New Member

I am a relatively new member on MAP but I still felt a sense of loss when I heard that you were leaving.

5. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Jeeze!

Nearly choked on my cornflakes....

Sorry to hear your leaving pal, cheers for your help, support, seminar and that excellent book.

Best of luck & hope to see you around :D

Louie

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Good Luck Andy *salute*

7. Tika

Tika New Member

I just finished reading andys journal as suggested by Mrs Owt. I have to suggest to all the other members who dont know him that well to read it to do so as well. And if you dont want to read all 10 pages, try to at least read the ones entitled MAP #?... it will give you a better understanding on how MAP got here...

To Andy: I dont know you, you dont know me, but damnit come back! :( I am so scared that this place that has really sparked even more interest in martial arts and heath and fitness in me then anything ever has is going to slide down a slippery slope of good people leaving. Please come back :(...

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

it was only when i read Andy's Journal that i realised how much he has done for MAP. he was even here before HKF :eek:. definately lost an important MAPer :(

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Bye Andy :(

Theres not much more that can be said, I've known you for a couple of years now and you will be missed! I guess its no use saying come back as you will have carefully thought it out as always.

Best wishes
    Paul.

10. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

:confused:
    I never got to discuss with you Andy, but I've read (parts of) your Journal and I really wish you'd stay. As others have said: Who's left when all the good people leave?

I wish you a happy life and anything good!

11. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

You will be missed, sir.

12. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

You'll be missed

Take care Mate.....

13. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

Slán leat Andy

14. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

WTF?

Now, I don't know Andy other than reading his posts. He seemed like an alright kinda guy.

I read everybody's good wishes and whatnot to him....maybe he is due...I not the one to say on that.

However, I don't understand the "irreconcilible differences between him and the owners" affecting the way he can continue helping the members of MAP with his advice and insight.

"He has no intention of contributing further...in any capacity"!?
    Sounds kinda like a kid stomping off the playground because the other kids want to do something else.

If he has really been wronged enough to give up helping the rest of the MAP community....then so be it.
    But, if he is just having a pout attack because the owners of MAP are not doing something that he thinks they should....well....then so be it.

Live Long and Prosper
    QAPLA'

:)

15. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Bye Andy, Wish I could say it came as a suprise...

MAybe catch you on another forum at some point.

16. Adam

Adam New Member

Andy has always been right to me, taking time to answer whatever silly questions I might have and offering me sympathy when needed, and has been an asset to this site for as long as I can recall. I shall miss his postings sorely.

17. CFT

CFT Valued Member

I'm sure we'll miss your experience and input to the forum. On the bright side, you'll have more time for training.

18. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've always felt strongly about letting people go as their convictions lead them, but Andy is special. Hope everything works out for you buddy. :(

19. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Andy, you've been here since the beginning. I know I didn't talk to you that much, but every post you made was a good contribution to MAP. I don't think I've seen a single one of your posts that was spam. I hope you change your mind and come back, but you probably won't. Remember, stuff happens and you just have to get over it. Life is unfair for everyone at different times. We just have to live with it. Seea ya, Andy. I hope you come back.

20. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Andy,

Take care of yourself. Maybe we will see you back here at MAP sometime in the future.

As you said yourself in a post only a couple of days ago - "You mean THE best MA discussions on the Web!"

John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.