Farewell Mappers.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Murray, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togakure

Togakure New Member

Sorry to see you go, hope one day the differences can be sorted out and you will return.

Adios, for now.

2. GhostRider

GhostRider Student Of Life

Ouch...! :confused: And I was just getting to know you... :cry: I hope that whereever you end up, you end up happy, serious.

3. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

what?????

you drag me kickin and screaming onto this board...train me in the ways of the moderator and leave?

ah well..the sign of a master, there when you need him , and gone when you can stand on your own two feet.

i know we will meet soon.

easy steps and sunshine sifu. :cry:

4. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

er...I'm stunned...

You know where I am Andy...

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I want to first start off this post with a sincere thank you to Andy.

Whether he sees this or not ... I want the rest of the members to know of the gratitude I feel towards him.

I am no stranger to "irreconcilible differences" ... they are what brought me over to this forum from another martial arts forum where I was treated very unfairly as a moderator which led to my dismissal there before I could quit and never had the opportunity to say my goodbyes to forum members.

Andy always had my back when these "irreconcilible differences" followed me here.

My situation was entirely different

.... should I have never experienced those "irreconcilible differences", I would have never found MAP.... I would have never had the pleasure of calling Mr. Murray my friend.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  6. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

now what are we going to call andy's rant column...? :cry:

take care, andy, best of luck! :p

7. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

I would like to take this opportunity to say Andy was not forced out of MAP or asked to leave at any time, he made the decision through what he perceived as irreconcilable differences. He will always be welcome on the site.

Andy has been with the site since the early days when I set it up 3 years ago and he will be sadly missed. His contributions to the site cannot be measured and I wish him all the best with whatever he decides to do.

8. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

I'm still new to MAP but Andy's posts were always top draw - and he'll be missed. I'm not sure I want to live in a world where differences can be irreconcilable...
    Someone do something to get this fella back, puh-lease?

9. morphus

morphus Doobrey

:( Damn!
    Andy has kept me posting a number of times when i felt it was the last thing i wanted to do. His moderating has been damn fine.

A personal statement - A real shame to lose you Andy.

Good luck to you in whatever you do in the future!

Damn! :confused: :cry:

10. dashao

dashao New Member

i am stunned wont be the same with andy gone
    *sniff* has anyone got a kleenex

11. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

I've found most of Andy's comments incredably informative.

Those that weren't informative were exceptionally funny.

Such a pity to see him go.

12. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Someone listen to this guy!

13. vicjudofreak

vicjudofreak Valued Member

look, i dont know the details, but how have things got to the stage where founding members of map, like andy, have to leave? please someone sort this out.

14. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Thanks for all the times you stood up for me and my crew.
    Sorry for all the times I was out of line.

How will I contact you when I get to the UK? Will you still check your pms?

15. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Someone, PLEASE listen to this girl!

16. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

GF and others,

Andy may have left the site but he can still be contacted by his PM or his direct email for those who have it.

Please don't hesitate to contact him. :)

17. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

This is a sad day for MAP.

can i ask everyone here to try and carry on what he promoted so much and challenging yourself both physically and mentally

hope to see you again soon mate

18. Lobster Jedi

Lobster Jedi New Member

So long Andy. That avatar will be mssied. Good luck out there! Salute!

19. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Just so you know...

I would ask all members who really don't know what Andy meant to this site, or are new members, to take the time and read through his journal. Go right back to the beginning and read the WHOLE thing.

Of special note is his series on the history of MAP in his journal. You can see for yourself what Andy meant to MAP and what MAP meant to Andy.

All he ever was was "just a member". He didn't wear his mod cap lightly and he didn't think that it exempted him from discussion and debate. I for one will miss that contribution and MAP will be a sorrier place without it.

20. GhostRider

GhostRider Student Of Life

Then it seems to me that if Andy impressed you enough to join or stay on this site then to allow yourself to give in to sorrow or anger and leave MAP would be counter to the spirit of all the good Andy's done for this site. Stay on, grow, and maybe you'll bump into him later, maybe not. It'll soon be time to move on soldiers...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.