Farewell Mappers.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andy Murray, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Due to irreconcilible differences between myself and the owners of MAP, I am resigning my position on the staff.

Moreover, I have no intention of contributing further to this board in any capacity.

To the members who know me best, please don't think I walk away easily.

It's been a pleasure to interact with, and indeed meet/train with many of you.

I'll close by wishing everyone, and indeed MAP, long life/health and prosperity.

Over and out.

Andy Murray

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Bye Andy

You'll be missed mate.

3. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Andy!!

What are you doing!!??!

:( This upsets me to no end.

I do hope you see this to be the best and only option for you after great consideration. You've been a great part of MAP since I was first here, and no doubt a great deal before. My first few posts here were with you. Although it was over slight disagreements, it was memorable welcome. And it opened my eyes into what this community was all about... opening eyes and learning! It drew me into MAP that little bit more. Thanks. You've always been part of the landscape, a great part of the landscape. It's very sad to see you go.

You will be greatly missed, and not forgotten.

Take care, 'Mr Murray'. :cry:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  4. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

I'd argue with you Andy, but it seems that you've made your mind up, and you're pretty convinced about what you're doing. I hope that you're doing the right thing for you. Thank-you for everything that you've done up till now, for all the hours you've put into making MAP the place that it is today. It wouldn't have been the same without Andy Murray, and it won't be the same place with you gone. We really will miss you, certainly I will. You're one of those people who have always been on MAP, one of the people that really make up the face of MAP. Good luck, and I hope that your teeth are fixed soon, Your rant column will live on in your memory.

Enough with being polite :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

hey man, you can't go! who'll handle me when my natural aggression rockets out of control?
    :cry:
    he shall be much missed *salutes*

6. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

Nice knowing you Andy. Thanks for being a great contributor, and giving a warm welcome. Don't know why you're leaving exactly, but I respect that, and I'm not gonna bug you bout it. Be lucky. Osu!

7. Loci

Loci Valued Member

Good luck andy

you'll be greatly missed :cry:

loci xx

8. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Thanks for your contributions, knowledge, rants and passion.

You will be greatly missed Andy.

- Matt

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

This is gonna sound corny, and knowing Andy like I do I doubt he'll be back to read it, but I'm saying it anyway...

This site would not be what it is and where it is today if it wasn't for the efforts of Andy Murray.

I would not be here typing this today if it wasn't for the efforts of Andy Murray.

His contribution to this site since it's foundation is immeasurable - and he will be sorely missed.

It's a real shame we couldn't sort out our differences of opinion without it coming to this. I feel a strong sense of failure in that respect.

10. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Alright Andy :(

You'll will be missed mate.
    All I can say is "Have a good one, all the best and take care"

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

*salutes*
    May the Rant Thread live on in his memory :(

12. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

A real shame. All the best Andy.

Can anyone comment about the 'irreconcilible differences' ..sounds like bad politics to me.

13. mekosho

mekosho New Member

I don't know you all that well Andy, but have enjoyed some of your post, good luck friend and best to you!

14. teacher

teacher Valued Member

You may not read this but, thank you for your contributions.
    Your voice will be missed.
    Hopefully we'll get to hit each other with sticks again soon.

15. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I don't understand.

Andy Murray was the one who made it possible for me to stay on MAP. It may be impossible without him.

16. TKDIreland

TKDIreland TKDIreland Kicks Ass!!

aw AM dude what happened. you will be sorely missed :cry:

bye

17. dori_kin_86

dori_kin_86 Hu Flung Pu

I barely knew ye, but from what I have seen on MAP, this is a very sad day. Good luck to what ever Andy does in the future.

18. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

Adios Andy.

19. Cain

Cain New Member

How the hell did things get so far??? :(

I can't believe this, it does seem his mind's set about it......I do hope Andy does come back though........

Take care Andy,

|Cain|

20. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

A most unfortunate situation. The lack of your presence will be deeply felt on the forum.

I'm hoping we hear from you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.