family martial arts uk

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jager, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Name names then man. How can we avoid them if we don't know who they are?

2. Notatroll

Notatroll New Member

The reason i joined in the first place was because it seemed well established, but do not let it fool you, behind the pretty red mats and the heavy bags student's don't get to use, you'll find a money making machine that feeds off people who are in need.

I was sure the contract they give you wasn't a binding one, i kept asking key questions like "I can leave whenever i want?". so i signed it under the impression i wasn't going to be stuck there for 3 years, for 105 pound a month, plus grading, black belt and equip fee's...

And if you want names, i can assure you that i don't like mentioning names but it's just too much to not mention.

"Master" Ivan Rolls, is the name of the owner of the company, he is never teaching classes, just looking at bad comments about his McDojo. Check out the google reviews on the site. If anyone has said a bad review about them he reply's badly, there is one saying he'll answer to someone with his "FIST".

Don't go.

3. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Ooooooohhhhh we like people like that. I'm open to someone challenging me to fisticuffs if they train in that crap haha. Let's make sure he gets it in the next google search he does!

MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS MASTER IVAN ROLLS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLO

Think that'll get his attention?

4. Notatroll

Notatroll New Member

He's not affraid to put his name out there, there is one post also on google searches, where a person has put a bad review and he must have noticed whom it was.

And he has public written the family's name (who typed the bad review) in a seperate comment, relating to what they have said, and he's mentioned about how "challenging" their kids where to train, so not only is he making an **** of himself.

He is actually trying to publicly troll someone, i'm sure that is cyber bullying.

5. Ajo

Ajo Jujitsu Fiend

i walkd past the oxton road centre of family martial arts the other day, wasnt sure if it was still running, looks flash from the outside but not in an area id expect a martial arts club. Also i vaguely remember it also being held in a dance studio.

6. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

I've heard quite a bit about this Ivan Rolls, he is getting the reputation of a British Robert Sullivan, a pushy, obnoxious salesman with nothing worth buying.

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

yeah was just thinking the same thing, Jesus how do these people come about, how do they delude themselves and so many others for so long, its incredible really.

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

"if you come to FMA yeaaah, you'll develop confidence yeeeeeah" listen to this *******, I know its ridiculously childish to come out with stuff like this on the internet but hell id quiet happily fight him right now for peddling this guff onto kids and fat people, WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE FAT PEOPLE.

9. Notatroll

Notatroll New Member

People like him and his colleagues need to be stopped, i'm thinking V...

For vandetta.

10. Notatroll

Notatroll New Member

I think he fancies himself as an IP MAN, lol

He teaches chicken wing tsun.

11. taichi bob

taichi bob Valued Member

I'm pretty new here so I guess you folks have moved on...regarding the family martial arts thingy...I've heard a few stories about these folk's.....it appears be to based on money...They are from time to time about the local supermarket and precinct giving out leaflets, and from what I have seen on you tube ...Thier technical standard do's not appear to be very good....This guy Sharkey....claims to have run a course on the wirral sometime back...wing chun..tai chi...elements of?????....trouble is today...to many profs and masters....!!!!

12. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

I notice Ivan has closed his youtube account (I sent him a PM via youtube a couple of months ago drawing his attention to this thread) at least we got to him a little.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He will be back...turds always float to the surface

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

They've been lurking round the Wirral for far too long to let a thread like this close them down (unfortunately!).

15. taichi bob

taichi bob Valued Member

I only know what I have heard...one of my friends students told me they where lurking as you call it at the local supermarket, it appears that they even had a balloon floating about advertising thier wares so to speak...mmmm to me it says things are not looking to good, but hopefully given time folks will cotton on and if it is a mcdojo!!!...give it a miss...this remind's me of seeing three young lads in Wigan in their jimjams as I call them these days..nice enough folks..appears that it is a cross between TKD and Karate they be doing???????

16. B I R C H

B I R C H Valued Member

"Master" Ivan Rolls, is the name of the owner of the company, he is never teaching classes,

Thats funny because he's teaching me in class at the moment, to me he seems to know what he is doing and is very experienced at it. im bigger than him but i wouldnt want to spar with him

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  17. Hannibal

You need to get out more...or train with better people

18. B I R C H

B I R C H Valued Member

Ivan Rolls is under the teaching of Geoff Thompson, we focus around Geoff Thompson as he is one of the worlds greatest in Self Defense, the fence was created by Geoff himself and this technique is mind blowing when practiced every week, week in and week out.

19. Hannibal

I was an Instructor in the BCA back in 1996 so you cannot tell me much about Geoff.

The problem is that there is a big difference between "teachings of" and "taught by". Similarly weasel phrases like "holds various grades in..." are exceptionally shoddy and used just for hype.

I can tell you every single grade I own and do not need to hide them.

Sorry, but it's stinks of a Mcdojo

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I don't think Geoff created the fence did he?
    More that he noticed a common theme amongst doormen and street fighters and, to a degree, codified it.