"Fake sword" sticky?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Cudgel, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

I would just like to add that you might not need years of experience but rather you shouldnt be doing it without spuervision or suffcient protective measure ie armor, and even then it shouldnt be live, sharp. And still a blunted sword can cut or at the very least break bones and/or kill. Remeber a sword is deadly weapon and its very good at what is made to do adn thats kill.

But it looks pretty kosher.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Cudgel - cheers for that, expect draft 3 to be done soon (sooner than 2) :)

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Here it is! I have added to the warning at the bottom. Next rip-to-bits please :)

4. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Looks good Gaskell, Sticky it. I would also add that thin tangs not only weaken the sword but adversely affect the balance (making it too blade heavy) so it's a double whammy.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

W - I will drop that in soon, thanks. Then I will put it back here for any more comments :)

6. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Perhaps also there could be information about what makes a good sword (eg full tang how the sword is made and what metal means what)... sort of more like an info sheet...

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Shadow - that could be an idea for another thread :)

At the moment, I am concentrating on the wall-hangers, but we could do that one as a "carry-on" to it :)

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Version 4, with W's suggestion added :)

9. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

Looks good to me :D

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I will give it until this evening for any more comments (or possibly tomorrow if I forget), then I will post it.

Cudgel - any feedback on this version? :)

EDIT: and it will be an open sticky too, to keep the comments/questions together :)

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

12. Cudgel

I dont see any problems withthis version.

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

This in from xplasma:
    Any comments on this? :)

14. Cudgel

I dont think we need to post adverts for hanwei forges in an informational sticky. If xplasma wants to post it then he should make a post in teh weapon links sticky.