Experience vs other styles

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by wildloosecomma, Jun 22, 2007.

1. wildloosecomma

wildloosecomma New Member

Has anyone here ever defeated/been defeated by people of other mas using bjj

So far I have beaten one muay thai fighter and one boxer, me and both of the fighters involved have been training for about a year.

2. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

I once fought some sort of Ninja. No idea what type of ninja he was but he had a black gi with some sort of blah blah blah ryu style written on. Anyway, he was quite a bit bigger than me so i shot, picked him up and dropped him on his back (wasn't exactly stylish but i didn't really know what he was about so played it safe). Since we were actually at a Judo dojo i went to stop at this point thinking i had Ippon, but he carried on anyway and turned me over so he was on top in my guard and tried to do some sort of funny armlock/wristlock i think. I thought "fair enough", took his back and then choked him.

3. wildloosecomma

wildloosecomma New Member

What belt are you, Ive been training at a no gi/fighting gym for about 8 months so i dont really know what belt i would be but some people say im like a third of the way to a blue belt.

4. Lekta

Lekta Super-Valued Power Member

I was hammered on a boat with some people I met. A few of them were free-style wrestlers. One of them wanted to have a go with me, because some loudmouthed guy said i fought "UFC style"....

Anyways, he shot, I sprawled, took his back, mata-leo.