Ew..

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Sep 11, 2006.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Had an AWESOME workout today (shoulder's all better....go figure). Did some pyramiding of the weights up, and some lower rep accessory sets, blah blah blah.

Ok, so all done with my workout. Time for PWO shake. I mosey on into the kitchen, crack open my tub-o'-protein, proceed to put a scoop into my shaker bottle (greatest invention ever when it comes to shakes), and forgot I had some essential amino acids laying around. So I figure what the heck, let's toss some strawberry flavored EAAs in the mix (with chocolate flavored protein none-the-less). Then...I pour in some milk, since I hate making shakes with water. I'm thinking to myself "this is probably going to taste pretty good" and I'm quite hungry (I get really hungry after workouts, which seems to be the opposite of some people I know....heh). So I CHUG the first 1/4 of the 20 oz. of that stuff. Lo and behold.... I wanted to puke my entire gastro-intestinal tract up.

I had forgotten amino acids had such a BITTER (read- craptastic) taste. My shake tasted like total and utter [insert nasty, nasty profanity here]. It was like a chocolately, milky, bitter strawberry taste from HELL. Now I remember why I STILL have those EAAs after ordering them well over 4 months ago.... :eek: :rolleyes:

I know...you want the X amount of time it took for you to read this back. ;)

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nope. :) For some reason, this just makes me feel self-justified in my no-supplement diet.

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I have powdered CEE, a little salt and occaisionally some powdered BCAA's in mine. It's not too nice with milk, but I've been mixing it with pineapple juice recently which takes the taste away better, plus has the added bonus of bromelain which helps muscle recovery.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Dont be such a sook. Its not supposed to taste nice. Wash it down with a beer and quit your bitching. ;)

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Either glug it down or get a capping kit from myprotein to solve your problems.

6. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Whey tastes realy nice my mum thought i was eating some creamy rice pudding the other day. It was just brown rice and whey 80% concentrate.

7. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

That made me laugh my **** off. (for the record, my protein shakes are usually tasty when it's just the milk and protein....but the BCAAs....well then!).

comaboy- The pineapple juice idea actually sounds kinda good.

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Pineapple has enzymes which break down proteins which may also be good. It can be used as a meat tenderiser for meat like mutton and braising steak.

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

1 handful of rasberries
    1 handful of strawberries
    1 banana
    Whey Protein

=

Shake for champions.

Add some coconut milk in there aswell if you want.