Evolution and Intelligent design

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by AuHg, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

dolpin are you refering to such as the book of Enoch?

2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

You brought it up, hot shot. You asked how evolutionary studies help mankind and what good comes from it, and I pointed out my personal favorite... microbiology. Which, when you come to it and its interaction with man and medecine, is nothing but concentrated evolutionary studies.

Small Pox almost annihilated the Native populations of North America. Every where Europeans went, they brought it along with them. Europeans, having had the disease for ages at that point in history had some immunity to it. Natives did not. Each time a new disease hits an area, its effects are catastrophic. There is a massive die out that the carrier population does not see due to, you guessed it, evolutionary pressures. When you have die outs such as this, the people left over generally have a genetic immunity. They interbreed and pass those genes on, allowing for both bottlenecking, founders effect and a passed on genetic immunity to that disease.

Also, next time you consider insulting someone over something you don't understand, make sure its not something that was in their field of study. I double majored in microbiology and chemistry before switching to anthropolgy.

3. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

Oh Barmmy dearest your such a sweetie arn't you! Even though I didn't want any cherries picking you picked them! Thank you!

Not that it's any of your buisness but I've got an autoimmune condition. I have to take replacement thyroxine, or die, because my thyroid gland has been attacked by my immune system. And it runs in my family, so the odds are good my kids will get it.

The tablets i take are composed mostly of a mineral called Kaolinite, with some thyroxine dropped on. Kaolinite is used in all tablet because it's an inert mineral and makes for a fantastic delivery medium for orally ingested medications.

I hope you enjoyed your time reading this thread.

Good Bye.

Moony

4. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

dont bring a knife to a gun fight. The word Christian comes from the Name
    Christ.

Egyptian influences? Like in the days of the exodus? or today?

drug resistant bacteria certainl effects medicine, the question is how does evolution effect medicine, drugs definitly have a chemical effect on the body, thats obvious. drugs alter the body, drugs alter the immune system. ever heard of germ warfare? toxins we eat and breathe also change us, the long term effects are yet to be known because much of technology is new, and the amounts of toxins, ever increacing and in great diversity.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Wow, and you somehow failed to mention that for 2000 years your religion has been force fed to children?

6. wrydolphin

E, P and J appear mainly in the so called "Books of Moses" or the first five books. Along with much of the influence of Babylon and Egypt. The conflicts between the two kingdoms appear in the later books. The book of Deuteronomy appears to be completely seperate from the rest in style and content.

Also, you are glossing over the multi-god nature of the first books. There was a female aspect that was removed eventually, and monotheism as we know it didn't appear until after the first contact with the Persians, as monotheism was their invention.

7. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

Moony I am very sorry you have this. I dont want anyone who talks with me to be mad or take it personal. I want education to be shared. not just me educating you but you educating yourselves, and you educating me!
    I dont wish you ill, hell no, I hope the benefits of medicine help you!!!

8. wrydolphin

LOL!!!!!

You don't even know how drugs work! Go read a book, they are lovely. I am sure that you will quite like them, to steal from Dawkins.

Right, I am off, there are actual well read and educated Creationists out there to argue with. Ones who know how to debate and can actually give good arguements.

9. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

It's VERY simple.

We use a drug (A) on the bacteria, most of them die off and the course of drugs is ended.

Those few survivors multiply again so they get large enough to cause infection, this time reisistant to A.

Drug A is used again, but no effect.

Drug B is then used, however not quite all are killed when the treatment ends so some survive.

Those few survivors multiply again so they get large enough to cause infection, this time resistant to A and B.

Drug A is used, no effect.

Drug B is used, no effect.

Latest newest drug C is used, however not quite all are killed when the treatment ends so some survive.

Those few survivors multiply again so they get large enough to cause infection, this time resistant to A and B and C.

Drugs A, B and C tried, but to no effect.

New drugs have to be developed.

Whilst new drugs are developed people die.

Do you get it now that it's been broken down?

Moony

10. Blevunly

Blevunly Valued Member

Ok barmmer try and stay with me here ok when you said evolution is a slow process you were correct and I congragulate you for that, but I think what your misunderstanding is that it's slow for everything not just humans so diseases would evolve slowly aswell. Still with me? So the disease harms the human then the immune system identifies the disease adapts to it and destroys it. So the disease is forced to evolve thus creating a new obsticle for the immune system forcing it to evolve to match its competitor. So their going at the same rate so they check each other. Ok now let me simplify this for you not trying to say your stupid just trying my best to make you understand. Ok so lets just say that disease and the human immune system have levels (I'm assuming you play some kind of videogame), and so disease and the immune system compete and they get to level 50 and then the human carries the disease over to some people who have level 5 immune systems.
    So in a videogame the level 50 would dominate and destroy the level 5. This is basically what happened to the Indians.

So I hope you can understand now if immune systems didn't evolve then disease would wipe us all out very fast and scientists wouldn't have enough time to think up a cure.

11. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

tekken, honestly most people never hear what the Bible says, things are taken out of context and even things spoken in churches nowhere in the Bible, Do you know the basic story of the Bible? God made Jesus, church leaders killed Jesus pretending they were righteous people who loved God.
    the Bible is actually a collection of books and poems and letters. if you read the Book of John, in the New Testament, only about 14 chapters. I will read more about evolution.

The point of me writing this Tekken is Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny even Noahs ark with 2 of every animal... you wont find this in the Bible! Noah and the ark, yes, 2 of each animal..no.. clean and unclean animals, you dont have to believe what you think, but believe what even most churches teach is far from the Bible teachings. I know its ironic!!! like our government in the united states saying its doing the world good and we go killing people, even our own brothers and sisters in war! there is a time for war, but not for greed.

pleaes dont hate Christians for the people that claim to be them! do you know how to recognize a Christian? if someone has love for people! I know I can be sarcastic and I dont set the example, but I met any of you we might fish together and we wouldnt argue in anger but have our differences in peace

12. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

To be honest, i don't care what you think about my medical condition. Like i said it's none of your buisness and i was just using it as an example to illustrate my point.

I'm educated, i know what i'm talking about, as opposed to other people posting in this thread. I spent four years at university getting my degree, so i doubt there's much you could teach me about my subject. Unless you secretly have a PHD in it, however judging from your posting i very much doubt that.

Moony

13. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

moony thanks for explaining how drugs work.. I think you do better go to bed.. youre getting too sleepy to concentrate...

good morning moony! Ihope you have had a nice rest.. Now drug A doesnt work, and drug B doesnt work, yay!!! drug C works!!! ok, goodie, we've found the drug that within the culture we've taken and can administer the anti-biotics...

so what does this have to do with the price of rice in China?

Blevuny.. I do like video games! I race on the road, and enjoy occasionaly playing a racing game on video. less chance of the police giving me a ticket!
    I understand the concept, but Im asking for the name of the disease that eradicated the Indians, this is no joke, I dont know, Im asking, you, yea you, asking you what disease it was, the Indians, the disease, the Indians, the disease.

I didnt ask any of you how drugs work, I already knew what you said. how about my original question? What drugs were the result of studying evolution. what was prevented by this study? you can choose another field besides medicine like the weather or marine biology. Actually the study of evolution can only be called for enlightenment, it hasnt achieved more than that, and actually not even that.

someone, anyone please tell me what killed the Indians. what disease?

14. wrydolphin

SMALL POX!

Which you would know if you read my earlier post!

15. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

*listens intently to the sounds of metal screatching as it's dragged*

Yes folks! The goal posts have been moved!

Moony

16. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

p.s. we uses medicans and herbs and fruits to combat illness before evolution. like the deficience of vitimon C.. scurvy... medicine isnt the result of evolution, its the result of people thinking being sickand dying really sucks

Dolphin honey, cross contamination is easy to understand,, and the Indians subjected to Polio not treated, innoculated or whatever the term is, I too am needing some sleep...

if you got around Polio unless you have been given a shot, guess what, it's still not impossilbe to get Polio. we're not immune to Polio through evolution. not everyone got Polio even when they weren't vaccinated. if the Indians had Polio and people not vaccinated came to America they could spread it world wide. The Indians murdered by weapons far exceeded the downfall to Polio. If you went to a place where no one had AIDS and brought ONE person with AIDS pretty soon the whole place can be creawling with it.

if I got the flu and go to Australia, I might make people there sick, even hundreds of thousands. the Indians were not wanted, Americans KILLED the Indians, some died from cross exposure: a technicallity. We never helped the Indians: we lied to them and about them, ever heard of "the trail of tears" Better learn about the Indians, we slaughtered them.

Polio was "eradicated" through medicine. like you said drug A and drug B and drug C until we found how to fight. trial and error and research of people with it. evolution has nothing to do with it. getting a disease and wanting to prevent the disease from spreading is obvious, reality makes us want to fight disease, no one wants this stuff. people who dont belive in evolution want cures and have poliomyelitis against their best wishes

YOURE NOT FOR REAL ARE YOU? ever heard of Dr. Jonas Salks, he developed the cure for polio!!! in 1908 way before evolution was thought of, Dr Karl Landsteiner discoveres Polio is caused by a virus. In 1916 the FIRST major epidemic of polio in the United States is reported to leave 27,000 people paralized and 6,000 dead. in 1952 the worst US epidemic claims about 52,000 people affected... Feeling stupid for saying you know anything about Polio?
    Dont lie to me, just say you dont know polio from a monkey and are just mad you read about evolution in a book and got too much pride. youre smart and educated but your education led you astray from knowledge in evolution.

Polio rapidly affected several nations, killing, paralizeing and deforming. ever think this might be man made? do you know the 3 types of the virus are kept for "scientific purposes" also "anthrax" and other germ warfare....

Polio wasnt something we could WAIT on "evolution" to boost our immune systems. it was a virus, not a mutation. It causes the motor neurons of the brainstem to become inflammed...

goodnight... and study proven reality

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

People see what the bible has to say everyday, its the single greatest argument for Atheisim ever written. They "taken out of context" argument is Christianity 101, that way you can never be wrong, because if you are, you can say its just taken out of context. if you haven't noticed, you won't find santa claus, or the easter bunny, or god, anywhere, ever. Find them and show them to me. I do not hate christians for being christians, in fact i don't "hate" christians at all. What i "hate" is what its done to my country, the kind of mindset it generally produces, and the negative affects its had on the advancement of knowladge, the mind-numbingly close minded, destructive effect it has on small, innocent, undeveloped children every day. and i hate what your doing now, this veiled attempt to convert me. I do not in any way "hate" christians, i "hate" the affects of organized christianity.
    The bolded text, i will do that. Simply to prove my point.

18. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

Tekken, I wanted to show you how people claim to be Christians that are just using the name. I dont hate any religion or the lack therof. We dont read the Bible everyday in life, some people do. People dont see what the Bible has to say everyday. Good things are called bad, and bad things are called good. Hell you can be homosexual and get married in a church! do you think this is Biblical?
    Honestly most people speak of themself or others not Biblical teachings, If you flip the Bible open, chances are you dont know who God is talking to, and why He says what He says to them. some times God says "you will be punished" and its not that whom He is talking to is exceedingly worse than even you or me, but He was talking to them. The point is not to make you believe in the miricles in the Bible, but just to not belive what others tell you is in it..

19. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

Errrmmmm.....pot....kettle.....and black!

Moony

20. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

"The Origin of Species" was published in 1859

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.