Everyone hail to the pumpkin king!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by axelb, Oct 29, 2017.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

It's that time of year again.

What are MAPers traditions around the time of year?

I've scooped and washed some pumpkins ready for our yearly carving with the kids. Last year was bb8 and minions, undecided on this year's.
    Anyone else doing carvings?

We have a lot of younger families in my estate, so it's nice to see them dressed up and playing together on Halloween.

Dead_pool and Travess like this.
  2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Does chasing chavs down the road with a quarter staff count? If not i dont celebrate it. :p

For some reason, fireworks are in this year for everything.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

We've opted away from a carved pumkin this year, in favour of a silicone Halloween mask, floating in a water filled demijohn jar, with glow sticks added for effect (stolen from a facebook post)

My eldest was really excitedby tge idea, so I'm hoping it works out...

Travess

axelb likes this.
  4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I've been helping the kids today, we have a scary skull and a pugicorn. I know. But apparently it's a thing if you're an 11 year old girl. :D

I'll get some snaps tomorrow :)

5. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

I haven't carved a pumpkin in years....might give it a go this Halloween....

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

A... pugicorn?
    A pug with a horn?

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I think carving pumpkins has made a resurgence because of social media. A chance to be creative and show off. I never carved a pumpkin until I was 25.

Knee Rider and axelb like this.
  8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Yes. :D

Kids seem to have had a craze for unicorns, and are now combining them with other favourite animals. Kate now has a "caticorn" waterbottle :D

axelb likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I know of the unicorn hype, but missed the combinations :D

I am a tad disappointed though, at of all possible dogs she likes pugs :p ;)

And I'm not sure, I want to know what a caticorn bottle looks like :D

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yep, carving 1-3 pumpkins, toasting and eating the seeds, buying some "pumpkin spice" coffee, and trick-or-treating. :p

axelb likes this.
  11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I celebrate samhain with a feast to the ancestors, typically personified in meal i know my family members past would have enjoyed

Although I don't smoke, this time I will be indulging in a cigar and having a whisky in the name of my father so it will be a hard time this year

pgsmith, Simon, Dan93 and 5 others like this.
  12. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

My wife likes to carve pumpkins & dress up. I follow along for the ride but am not super into it. (If not for her I'd probably skip it or just go to a party of some sort.)
    Also she bought candy to hand out... and I've eaten a lot of it. Oops.

Mitch and Knee Rider like this.
  13. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Okay, so I've just (literally) finished carving a pumpkin, ahead of tomorrow night's proceedings :rolleyes:
    Seems that it is the prerogative of (almost) 7 year old girls, to change their minds at the last minute. :mad:

Travess

axelb likes this.
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

We had three 8 year old girls for a halloween sleepover. I cooked green "worm" spaghetti bolognaise and they all painted a batbox each. Then they watched "Hotel Transylvania".

Latikos, axelb and Mitch like this.
  15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I also celebrate Samhain normally with a toast and quiet reflection on those who have gone before me. My Son loves carving pumpkins which we do every year and we spent a good hour and a half with him earlier doing it and he will be trick or treating tomorrow with friends, Sadly working as I was planning on donning a suit of armour and going with him for giggles.

axelb likes this.
  16. axelb

My daughter finished her project.
    I did the little one :D

Brave man. The thought of a sleepover with my daughter's friends fills me with dread :D

Attached Files:

Dan93 likes this.
  17. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I dressed up as an angler fish with my fiancee! I'm really, really, really excited to pass out candy.

[​IMG]

Simon, Dan93 and axelb like this.
  18. axelb

Angler fish is ace, I love seeing how creative people can be with their costumes.

philosoraptor likes this.
  19. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Next year I'm either going to be a viking or a cowboy riding a velociraptor. I'm looking up puppetry sites so I can try and figure out how to move him with the reins.

axelb likes this.
  20. axelb

:eek: that sounds really cool!

I'll be unimaginative this year and go in my Spiderman onesie.

philosoraptor likes this.