Everlast door gym

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Will56, May 24, 2007.

1. Will56

Will56 Valued Member

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I've never used one, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it's likely just cheap rubbish.

Out of curiosity, how would you use it to add resistance to kicks? I ask, because it's always been my opinion that if you want to improve a certain move (kick, punch, etc.) you should just train that particular movement. And if you want to gain strength you should lift weights, or employ some other form of increasing resistance training. In other words the two should be kept separate.

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Yup...look's flimsy as hell.

4. Will56

Will56 Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. Was considering getting it today as I've to return a chin-up bar that i got. Thing came with brackets that were way too big for a door. Should hold onto my money so ??
    Cosmicfish - I was going to use it to try and train the specific movements/muscles used for my kicks. Doing squats and deads aswell but can't go too high with weight as I'm working out at home with no spotter.

5. I'd try and find a better chinup bar and buy that.

Chinup bar > that thing

6. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

I have one and it's awesome! Fits in well, sturdy and great for chins! GO for it!

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

8. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I reckon you'll pull your door off!
    (And the model looks like a prospective Stepford Wife.)

9. acarpe

acarpe Valued Ember

oh right, this is not what i meant at all - i thought you were talking about a chinning bar!