European Championships 2006

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by AirNick, Jun 4, 2006.

1. stunt_man

stunt_man New Member

there all great photos silentmonk well done with takin them.

2. kswflip

kswflip Valued Member

torny

hello all yes must say it was a fantastick championships this year well done to all how entered

3. blondeblackbelt

blondeblackbelt Valued Member

Great pictures -- what was the hall like? Anything on the sports village?

4. AirNick

AirNick Valued Member

The hall was too small. Was a nightmare getting the spectators in in the evening. We have had the tournament there a couple of times before, did you not go to them.

Unfortunately the Sports Village is no more. It has been bought by David Lloyd gyms and not available for hire anymore :(

5. blondeblackbelt

Nope never been there, ive always been to the Sports Village since 1997. Not sure if I have had a grading there??

It is a real shame about the Sports Village...was the perfect venue really.

There has been a change in venu for Birmingham as well, because Solihull Sports Centure in being extended or something. Hopefully this will be a good oppurtunity to find somewhere bigger and better!

6. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the Monk lost in Birmingham again, I just get used to something and it moves grrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

7. blondeblackbelt

I know yeah, Solihull Sports Centre was horrible to find (even for me who lives 40 minutes away!). I remember there being so many people getting lost the first time round, that they were late for their competition.

I think we are looking at somewhere more central now though, I think Aston Leisure Centre is being looked at, and thats a lot easier to find and generally a better venue.

Hopefully something will be sorted out soon, so you can check out your route in advance!

8. swntzu

swntzu has left MAP for a bit

:S I can't edit the post, but I have to apologise to KSN John for my lack of respect in posting that message. Sorry.

9. mr shoosh

mr shoosh Valued Member

thats not disrespectful ur just sayn it like it is :)

10. swntzu

I was actually incorrect in my post. So it was disrespectful in that way.

To balance it out, I also heard that KSN John floored his opponent with a jump spin kick in the first round! :eek:

11. Mung Kee

Mung Kee Valued Member

was actually a jump roundhouse but we'll not get picky :D

and was the sweetest 2 points I seen all weekend...very nice

12. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

yeah, it was a lovely kick.

13. JKN-Scott

JKN-Scott New Member

I think the best point I seen was from PSBN Carl Barrie on PSBN Gavin Chung and it wasn't even in sparring!

They were doing techniques and PSBN Carl planted a sidekick right on PSBN Gavin's ribs! All you heard from about 50 feet away was this loud bang like a gun shot. :eek: :eek:

Wouldn't have liked to have been in PSBN Gavin's position that day!!!

I respect him already but even more so now after getting back up and smiling!!!! :D

14. Mung Kee

Mung Kee Valued Member

yeah I seen and heard that too - ouch!!

15. KSN GT

KSN GT Valued Member

Official Camera Man

Yeah PSBN Gavin is a tough cookie! I'm pretty sure I got it on video, lets hope PSBN Nick edits that into the tournament DVD!

Also PSBN Matt pulled off a beautiful spin kick in his one of his rounds! Think i have that on film too!

Get you requests in to PSBN Nick now so your action doesnt hit the cutting room floor!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  16. swntzu

There's going to be a tourney dvd? Where? I want one!

17. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

Well put in your order with Nick!!! though it works like Santa.............. Now tell the truth SWNTZU have you been naughty or nice :D :D :D

18. swntzu

Well I recently got a girl drunk and kissed her, but that was all I swear! :Angel:

19. Dubu

Dubu Valued Member

He lies!

It was a man!

20. swntzu

I seriously doubt that she's a man. If he/she is, then I don't care! :D

[​IMG]