Equipment

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by BlindClown, Aug 4, 2007.

1. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

My Parents are travelling to America ... Florida ( i think ) Was wondering if it is cheaper over there for Wing Chung Training equipment or any type of Ma training equipment..

Mook jong
    BOB's
    heavy Bags

Any one Know?

Thanks In Advance! :woo:

2. Mano Mano

Mano Mano Dirty Boxer

MA equipment can be a lot cheaper in the States than what you would pay in the UK however not always.
    I usually stock up on small items like Eskrima sticks, training knives & protective equipment when I’m it there.
    You should try East Coast Martial Arts which is at 1646 East Colonial Drive in Orlando.
    Equipment like a Mook jong or Bob might be cheaper but it could still be awkward to bring back even if have it delivered to the UK you can still be hit be import duties & VAT.

http://www.ecmas.com/

3. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Thanks For That Mano

Anyone know of anysites where i can price up some wooden dummys and other wingchung equipment form the states...

also does anyone know if i would get TAXD and import fees and such to ship bck to the UK??

4. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

It would be cheaper to have a dummy made in the UK.
    Ask around a little more. Someone might have a construction plan they could link you too.
    Or Google wooden dummy blueprint or things of that nature.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Moved to general ma discussion so you can try and get info from other people on the forum :)

6. Emil

Emil Valued Member

7. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Saying tha, for the price of the wood and the cost of having somebody build it, you'd be better of buying one.

Em

8. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Thanks EM you probs right though buying one would be cheaper.

And now the annoying bit , anyone know anywhere i can buy a cheap one from or even jsut a good one for a reasonable price ... i would look but wouldnt know where to start,

9. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Looks like a good project though. Might have a go at building one.

10. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Go for it. If you need a hand with anything, pm me and I'd be happy to give you some advice.

Em

11. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Any excuse to play with power tools :D. Need a job to have money to buy wood first.