Equipment for solo training

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Monkey_Magic, Mar 23, 2020 at 1:05 PM.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

What suggestions could you give me about equipment for training at home during this pandemic? I was thinking about a speedball or heavy bag. Is it possible to attach them to an outside brick wall?

Stretching is easier, as it needs little or no equipment. But what else would be useful?

If only I knew how to use a wooden dummy! Wooden dummy training looks like fun :D

2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Free standing punch bags, or bobs as are good
    You can hook a speed bag up to your ceiling punch bag brackets can go outside on a brick wall.

Depends on what you want training wise as to what equipment to get

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

A suspension trainer is a must as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't need to be TRX, a cheap knock-off one will be almost identical anyway. Hook it over a door if you can't hang it from the ceiling.

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Wooden Dummy IS LOADS of fun! But the CLF version can be dangerous. Unlike the WC one, we have a spring loaded extension. If you don't time it right, it can knock you in the jaw. I heard an instructor in the past got a tooth knocked out.

This is a video showing parts of the form I am learning. The spring loaded bar at our school is much thicker than the one in our GM's school though.

I thought about getting a bag for my yard in the past. But I didn't as I always figured I had access to the ones at the school. Never could have imagined a scenario like this. Wish I had done so now. Hindsight is 20/20.

Monkey_Magic likes this.