Enlightenment=a shared responsability

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ninjaboj, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

So now that you are enlightened you've given up Buddhism?

What is the view like from the other side?

Me, I'll settle for contentment and a nice rum drink.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Did someone say Llama?
    I'll alpaca bag.

(Get in!....first use of that joke in 2012!)

3. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

inflammatory opinions dont make a person a troll, hell If I said exactly what I think on many topics you lot would all be like Huh? what the....I never seen that from blade before. trolls just want to start crap, if they said the opinion with the intent of inciting flames and chaos that would be a troll.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

You're such a tease. :p

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

and other things too. :p

6. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

Ninjaboj, the things you have said in this thread have won you nothing but ridicule, and yet you persist. This would be admirable if you were pursuing something that really mattered, but you're not. You're trying to win an argument on an internet message board about how enlightened you are and whether or not you're a ninja.

This means that you're either (1) a delusional weirdo desperately seeking validation on the internet or (2) a very, very persistent troll. Either way, it's clear that you have not attained Buddhist enlightenment and have a whole lot of free time on your hands.

Now, out of fear that even these words are just more troll food, I'm done posting in this thread.

7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Ninjaboj-
    You're not enlightened- we all know that enlightenment can only be achieved through the use of LSD :p

8. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

Better living through chemicals...

9. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

Can I just say that in becoming a Christian (I was baptised some days ago), I have not forsaken my Buddhist beliefs. Far from it, if anything it has only made me stronger. Note I have talked to my minister about this, and he said a quick prayer for me and I think he is ok with it. Either way it is between me and my maker, to iron out the differences I mean.

As for the time in asylums, well I spent 6 months + 1 a few years ago in one, (on a section 3), and then 6 months + 1 a few years ago, and then 7 weeks in an African hospital, and then I have just this dec been discharged from a local open door rehab hospital after a consecutive two years in those places. I'm not really supposed to be talking about this, but seeing as there is noone watching over my shoulder I have a little more room to discuss my incarceration. Needless to say in my last stay I got into a little mishap with a member of the opposite sex on the ward, and so the consequence of this was a greatly enlonged stay. But thankfully, and after all of that, I am out now, back to uni and doing well.

So yeah I may have never won a fight in my life, but I would seriously like to see any of you lads even enter one of those intensive care units, let alone get out of one with your marbles intact. OK?

10. Knight_Errant

Actually, sorry, no: I've been in a secure unit and they're not actually all that bad. Nowadays they're specifically designed to be safe, hospitable places to recover. You're doing the mental health profession a great disservice by pretending otherwise.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Can't see what that had to do with what I asked to be honest.

Doesn't being a Buddhist conflict with being a Christian?

Why aren't you supposed to talk about it?

Six months +1? Are you saying seven months? Doesn't section 3 only allow for up to the six?

Hmm any reason for the hostile tone?

All I did was ask a question in response to something you mentioned.

Also it's probably best not to assume things about people on here because at the end of the day you don't know who you are talking to or what they have been through.

As for you not winning a fight well if what you say is true I'd say you have or are at least on your way to doing so.

12. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

Did you do the full sixth months of a section 3 knight? Or are you speaking bullshido?

13. Knight_Errant

No, I didn't. I was an informal patient, and I discharged myself. Now quit pretending that having mental health issues makes you a ninja. Rather, it's thinking that you are a ninja that means you have mental health issues :)

14. Dean Winchester

Indeed.

Ninjabob,

As you have mentioned it and gone into details about your stay, details which by your own admission you shouldn't mention, could you please elaborate on just what issues you have.

15. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

I worked in psychiatric care for around 8 years, not an IPCU I grant you. I was always under the impression that we were working to get folk better and get them out, I didn't realise that all that time I was meant to be trying to get rid of their remaining marbles.

You aren't painting a picture of an enlightened individual Ninjaboj, you're defensive, argumentative, verbally aggressive and confrontational, and personally I've always found claiming to be enlightened rather unenlightened. That's not from a buddhist perspective of course, just a human perspective. Granted it's also kind of a catch 22, but there are some things in life you can't claim for yourself, but have to have recognised by others, you know?

Basically just chill guy, you'll find your reception to be pleasantly warm instead of roasting flames that way.

16. Dean Winchester

Why don't you tell us what was so bad about the place?

What was it exactly you had difficulties with.

How the "full six months" makes a difference.

17. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

Hi Dean, correct the most they can keep you on a section 3 is 6 months. But as anyone whose ever been on one will be able to testify to, they like to repeat the initial section. Especially if you've not got a safe home to return to. So yes I was kept for seven months in total on my first section (because i put through a car window), 6+1 for my second (because I shouted at my consultant), 7 weeks in a private African hospital in Kenya, and then over two years (which is 6+6+12+1 months) this time round. Trust me i have had to fight for each time I have moved hospital, well certainly for most of them. And these fights are different, and have entailed me using all of my intellectual knowledge to finally get the consultants to see the light of day and let me go.

And for anyone who says these hospitals are easy, that getting off a section 3 after repeated hospitalisations, is easy, that taking the major anti psytropic medication that causes drooling, memory loss and tremors is easy, well it is obvious that they have been to different hospitals then me. In fact I wish I had been to those places. Not to mention the constant fight for identity, which oncurs with this kind of incarceration.

18. Knight_Errant

I take it you mean 'anti psychotic medication'? Actually, the newer antipsychotics aren't anything like as bad as the older ones. I take aripiprazole myself, and the side effects are virtually nonexistent. It's certainly a hell of a lot better than being psychotic.
    I'm not saying it's easy as such, I just think you're doing a great disservice to the caring professions. Of course, there are a few badly funded, poorly run institutions, but by and large it's much better to be in a mental institution than it is to be seriously psychotic and out in the community, which is why they put people in them.

19. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Why the private hospital in Kenya ?

20. Dean Winchester

The situation you were in sounds very difficult but I think what has narked people is that you are painting the mental health services as being like something out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

So would it be correct to say that dealing with your condition and everything it has put you through was what was hard? Rather than the services which were employed to assist you towards recovery?

Yes medication can be very hard, well that's an understatement, even the cleanest of drugs can still have some harsh side effects and that isn't even accounting for individual sensitivity to them, but again I don't think that is what people are getting at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.