Enlightenment=a shared responsability

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ninjaboj, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That's the kind of thinking that leads to men like Anders Breivik.

2. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I see nothing wrong with that attitude.

[​IMG]

Oohrah!

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

What's more, Anders Breivik is the result of the kind of isolationist thinking that has plagued this thread and the 'milder end' of the spectrum is ideologically contiguous with the arguments of people like him. All of you 'oh, the evil muslims are after me' people should hang your heads in shame.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Does it count if I think all the woo artists and pie-in-the-sky believers are after me?

5. Knight_Errant

No, that's perfectly normal paranoia brought on by excessive idiocy. Take a tablet and have a lie down for five minutes.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I can't...

...they'll get me.

7. Knight_Errant

Then we'll have to use the cosh.

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

There's a guy on another ma's forum called martialtalk who is just like that. Oh the evil muslims are the worst ones and christianity hasnt killed anyone since god knows when he says. No pun intended. :p Anyway he's been ripped up there, and if he ever came on here he'd be ripped up here too.

They dont ban him though. Oh well.

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

These people are often left as bait for those of us who enjoy savaging idiots. Alternatively they make good distractions to avoid other controversial topics drawing flames.

10. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

I don't agree with the racist and prejudicial flames that some noobs come out with, but then nor do I take to being called a troll myself. I hold certain inflammatory opinions or so it would seem, or at least not everyone knows how to take me. But that is the way of a ninja, and this is life OK?

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Two things if I may channel Robert Llewyn for a moment -

(a) You aren't a ninja

and

(b) You aren't a ninja

I realise technically this is only one thing, but it was so important I thought it was worth making the point twice

12. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I was a ninja once.

Then my mom said it was time for dinner, so my friends and I quit playing games.

We ate spaghetti. It was great.

You do not live in feudal Japan. You are not a ninja.

13. TheSource1969

TheSource1969 Valued Member

I have studied Zen Buddhism for a while. I know for sure you can't be a Zen Buddhist by reading books. Because Zen in you don't learn anything all you do is meditate then the master gives you riddles or something similar. There is nothing to teach in Zen Buddhism.
    All desires in the human world is suffering. Only when you take all desires less seriously will you find peace. The problem with Buddhism books people buy might not be even correctly, just like the bible. Do you even understand what they are talking about?

My father told me when a monk reach enlightened his brains opens up and he is smarter than any ordinary man. He will know the truth of the universe. Also when a enlightened monk is cremated this special material will exist. Ordinary people don't have it when they are cremated. Many monks claims to have reach enlightened when they have not. With desire there is no way you can reach enlightened.

Monks leave their family in friends to help to get rid of desires. The desire for relationship. Emotional love among family and friends are strong desire. There is never a good day. Many people claim to love so and so yet they do things to hurt the people they claim to love. Love among friends and family is no better than a drug addict in love they just want more and more of it. It doesn't mean that you abandon your children, wife, husband, and friends. It just means don't get too attached to them.

14. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

I may not be a Ninja and I may never have been.

But some of the dragons which I have fought have been worthier than any man.

And some of the tigers which I have wrestled have had more teeth than any Ninja could ever have been able to claim worthy of.

Reference here to my time in mental hospitals, over the past half dozen years. And with successive victories over a number of consultants, with my discharge from each. This is a twenty-first century Ninja for you, and that my friends, is my life!!

15. Hannibal

Great - crap all to do with a ninja and we all have our cross to bear in life

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  16. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

Also with regards to Buddhism, maybe YOU can't be a Buddhist by reading books, but please don't tell me what I can or cannot be and by what means. My dad didn't teach me anything about Buddhism. Infact he doesn't even believe in god. (Not that that is a precursor to being a Buddhist but still).

I reached Buddhist enlightenment. And I read books about it. It just so happened that the two things happened round abouts the same time.

Note all of this is to take nothing away from the important points which I have already made on this subject, firstly that enlightenment is a shared issue, and it is not something that can be achieved alone by any one man. Consequently all of those monks who are claiming to have achieved or attained it, are at worst liars and at best self deluded. This is a state which can only be achieved with your friends, family, community and larger world around you.

Next time you come on here to tell me who is enlightened, I suggest that you take a good look in the mirror first ok?

17. Hannibal

For the last time with regards to your "enlightenment"....

NO

YOU

DIDN'T

&

NO

YOU

HAVEN'T

18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Please clarify what you mean by time in mental hospitals.

19. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I don't recall too many ninja fighting dragons and tigers.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Even the Dalai Lama doesn't claim to have reached enlightenment and I think he knows a fair bit more about Buddhism than you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.