Energy Shortage

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by shoryuken63, Mar 3, 2006.

1. shoryuken63

shoryuken63 New Member

I need to increase my intensity for an whole workout. I was lookin at GNC and they have energy supplements. I've got some concerns about how effective they are and if theres any nasty side effects.

2. mmaone

mmaone New Member

I took a redline drink the other day and that really got me going. Another option is "Spark" im not sure who makes it but it is more vitamin related...

3. BigRed389

BigRed389 Valued Member

SPARKS!?

It's alcohol plus red bull, basically.

In the college scene, it's a party supplement to keep yourself from passing out. I've seen some real lightweights(figuratively speaking of course) get drunk off Sparks...it's hilarious.

4. mmaone

mmaone New Member

the sparks im talking about is made by a company called advocare(i think). It is a powder that you mix with water.

5. microhard

microhard Valued Member

Look into genseng, siberian especially (eleuthero) Get someone knowledgeble to guide you with dosage.

6. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i hear spike is good.

or you could just learn to motivate yourself.

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

You dont need a magic pill to give you energy, you just need to man up and build the will power required to push yourself.

Taking a pill is all well and good, but if you cant rely on yourself to go the distance, well thats just sad.

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Coffee. Or pro pluss if you don't like the taste of coffee. Most of the energy drinks like redbull have a lot of sugar in too.

9. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Build up your fitness and start eating properly- the answer is not in a supplement.

10. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

like NaughtyKnight said its a mental thing. However I found creatine helpful when lifting. I dont think drinking stuff like red bull is a smart move. Your body needs re-hydrating during/after exercise and that amount of caffeine will only make you more dehydrated.

maybe your are overtraining or not getting enough rest, a pill isnt the answer.

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I find creatine helps me to. Also a general healthy diet and multi vits. If I've had burger and chips for dinner I'll still feel lethargic in the evening...

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

That must be a placebo. Feeling depressed because youve cheated. Thats the reason i dont cheat anymore, i mean ill get a bowl of oats and whey before the takeaway.

13. NaughtyKnight

One word. Fruit.

Eat more. Eat as much as you want, as often as you want. You will feel amazing after a few weeks. Cut out the refined sugar from your diet and you will feel like god.

14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Not sure about placebo, I really think its the effect of the junk food. All that sat. trans fats pumped into your systems leaves you feeling like you've swallowed a brick. And the 1000's of empty calories just don't give you the same energy you'd get from a decent balanced meal.

15. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

creatine is the best energy replenishing supplement IMO

you will recover quicker between sets and thousands of sports proffesionals use it. I have used it for years and its been a good supplement to have in your training plan.

16. NaughtyKnight

I dont like the risk of adding water weight. I want to get into competing for MMA and fluctuating weight is not good.

I lift big, eat big, and grow big. I dont need supplements other than whey protein and hard work.

17. succubus

succubus so hot right now

refined sugar is bad.
    coffee is bad.
    :p

once i cut coffee out of my diet i found i could get through an hour of training much easier, mostly because i wasn't as dehydrated.
    as naughtyknight said- fruit is your best bet.

18. NaughtyKnight

3% dehydration = 10% reduction in cardio capacity.

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Coffee doesn't dehydrate. 3 cups a day prevents some type of cancer. It has three times as many antioxidants as green tea.

20. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

well said, I used to buy loads of different supplements glumatime etc etc now all I use is good quality whey to get the protein up and lots of green veggies.