Emperado dies

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Ferran, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Ferran

Ferran Valued Member

Hi,

it's been a while since I last posted here, on MAP --and, back then, I used koryu and Kuk Sool threads--. I'm only chiming in to report that Adriano D. Emperado, founder of Kajukenbo, died in Hawaii on Sunday, 11:20 local time.

He can rest, at last.

Keep well.

2. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

Thats sad news. I met him at the first 2 gathering of eagles in vegas years ago. RIP Master Emperado

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Sad news,RIP Master Emperado.

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Ditto, and on the same note, Kajukenbo Ohana also lost Grandmaster Allen Abad, I believe it was two days after. He lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer. RIP to both men.

5. just2kicku

just2kicku New Member

Sijo Emperado was the teacher of my father and of my uncle. I am deeply saddend by this. The legacy he left behind will be carried on by the Ohana for generations to come. Mahalo Sijo, for all that you have done.

RIP

Joe

6. Ferran

Ferran Valued Member

I believe there will be a couple of funerals, one of them in Maui, early May.

Keep well.

7. Elaan

Elaan Valued Member

I was unable to meet Sijo, but I was blessed have met Grand Master Abad in January. I have a picture of him giving an autograph to my 5 year old son, Sebastian is so pround of that signature! He loved spending time with the children, even though his health made it hard.

Our teachers were able to be with the Grand Master hours before he passed, and said he was in good spirits considering he knew it was his time.

God bless them both.

8. Ferran

Ferran Valued Member

For those outside the Kajukenbo gossip network, GM Abad, one of the classic students of Emperado, who went on to set his own branch but kept a good relationship, died a couple of days later.

Info on Emperado's services can be found here.

Keep well.

9. Elaan

Elaan Valued Member

Just got this in my e-mail if anyone is interested in attending.

Aloha,

Wanted to share with all of you the information we have in regards to Grandmaster Allen Abad's Memorial Service. It is being held Saturday, May 16th from 12 noon-5pm.

The location is:
    Hamilton High School
    3700 S. Arizona Avenue,
    Chandler, AZ 85248.

Located on the west side of Arizona Avenue, South of Queen Creek Road

Please make plans to come to pay your last respects to this gentleman with a wonderfully positive spirit-who has inspired us & given us so much.

With Warm Aloha,

Professor George & Aunty Patrice Lim

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  10. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

While never a student of any of the lines descended from him,anyone with a penchant for MA history is aware of the contributions of Prof. Emperado.

My belated condolences to his relatives and to all his lineal MA descendants.