Emin Boztepe vs. Royce Gracie?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Barry, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

These two were actually gonna face at Ultimate Fighting Championship 5 but Emin backed out and allowed Ken Shamrock to fight.
    Who do you think would have won had these two warriors met. It would have been Wing Tsun versus Gracie Jiu Jitsu, a perfect fight between two so different fighters.
    Me, i personally think that Emin Boztepe would have won because he is so well rounded a fighter, he is good at close quarter combat, ground fighting, and so many other aspects, i think that it would have been a good fight, but Emin Boztepe would have come out on top.
    I would like to hear of your opinions?

2. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  3. GhostRider

GhostRider Student Of Life

I hope Emin gets to the ring before Royce gets impatient with the waiting and walks away. I don't say that I'd love to see the two fight because I have any disdain for either one or their respective styles. I say that because it ranks up there with a fight between Batman and Spiderman... Spidey would win though...lol! :D I love watching Jujutsu in action and Wing Tsun/Chun. And to see those two go at it... sweet, baby sweet action... :love:

4. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Damn, how long ago was this anyway? 18 years?

5. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

I find This Hard to Belive

Since it was The Shamrocks Who put
    The Superfight idea in the Hands of Art Davie.

As to who would win
    Royce would have had another easy VICTIM

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

um please, emin boztepe is a liar a fraud and most of all a complete sissy. there is no way he would ever fight royce because he KNOWS his ass would be grass. look at that pathetic fight he had with william cheung. he isnt even in the same league as amateur MMA fighters. he challenged the gracies under no rules, unfortunately for him they accepted and he had to chicken out to save his ass.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Royce Gracie, hands down...

8. Esgrimador

Esgrimador New Member

When Boztepe jumped William Cheung all those years ago, he graphically demonstrated his lack of ground technique.

Royce would win.

9. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Royce by ass-beating. (Read: RNC/Triangle or armbar.)

10. TyrX

TyrX Unregistered Non-User

Royce would pull that hair out...

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

royce gracie. the legend of the ground game.

there are so many other fighters you could pair up against royce. emin wouldn't make it to the top 100.

12. sozcaps

sozcaps Valued Member

I didn't even know Gracie was still fighting. How old is he these days?

^Cool sig, though it made me feel bad because I'm not training. Can I have some fries with that side order of guilt? :D

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Royce is 38 years old. And yes he is still fighting. Not so much as he used to, but he is still around :) He's soon to be fighting a 233 kilo Sumo Wrestler.

14. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Gracie.. What more needs to be said...

15. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Nm else lol.

I have nfi how he is going to take akebono though. I think maybe just sit there and wait for the sumo to gas...
    :(

16. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I met Emin once in Aachen in Germany years ago at a multi style seminar were I was teaching and watched him demo his stuff.

All I can say is that Royce would have a feild day and a quick pay cheque I affraid.

No offence to Emin but Royce has way more expeariance in No Rules Combat, that in it's self would give him the edge, and if Emin was so keen to show how good his stuff was against Royce then why did he step aside:rolleyes: to let Ken Shamrock fight. Surely his reputation would have been increased if he had actually stepped in to the cage with Royce, regardless of whether he won or not.

Regards

Pat

17. cxw

cxw Valued Member

Well said. Was that fight with William Cheung the one off bullshido will they grab each and fall to the ground and wrestle very poorly?

Heaps of people on this forum would deal to Boztepe in less than a minute.

18. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

One thing you never do is challenge a Gracie unless you mean it. The Gracies just love to fight.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Except Rickson :D
    If this fight had gone ahead, it would've been typical early UFC fare - someone comes in and says that they've "developed a system to defeat Royce & BJJ," Royce takes them down, they roll around for a bit, then Royce taps them

20. McClappaty

McClappaty New Member

To all Emin Haters

Dear idiots who believe Dai-Sifu Emin is a fraud, if you think he is not for real and you could beat him, why not say it to his face. Then we will see who is incapable of fighting. Who would of won, I'm not sure. But even if some how Royce won i'm sure Emin would give him a damn good run for his money. So please stop leaving your rubbish, hating un supported comments on these forums or shut up long enough to hear your tiny brains think. 123 EBMAS!