Elvis & JFK vs. Mummy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pesilat, Dec 1, 2003.

1. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

“if you see only one elvis vs. mummy movie this year, see Bubba Ho-Tep.”

This is a great B movie. From Don Coscarelli (Phantasm movies) and starring Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness, Briscoe County, Jr., etc) and Ossie Davis (many, many things - including Stephen King's "The Stand") and written by Joe R. Lansdale (visit the Lansdale's Self-Defense link in my sigline).

In this movie, Elvis (played by Bruce Campbell) and JFK (played by Ossie Davis) are residents of a retirement home in East Texas. JFK discovers that a mummy is killing people in the home and enlists Elvis in the fight against the mummy.

It's funny and very tongue-in-cheek while also being a very good tribute to Elvis (even if it is in a twisted sort of way).

It has been literally filling theaters everywhere it plays - including every independent film festival it's played for the past year and a half or so.

Look here for locations and showtimes
    http://bubbahotep.com/showtimesbht.html

If it's playing near you, I'd highly recommend going to see it - especially if you enjoy campy B movies that are incredibly well done.

Mike

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I've often wondered how Kenpo would work on The Mummy and now I can finally have that question answered... Thank You, Bubba Ho-Tep!