elbows

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by maximus_tkd, Apr 2, 2004.

1. maximus_tkd

maximus_tkd New Member

alright, well i took quite a long break from training and now that i am getting back into it my elbows, more on the left side are hurting.
    almost like a tennis elbow kinda feeling, any suggestions on how to avoid this or is it just the waiting game and hopefully it goes away???

(this is occuring from the striking and blocking side of training, not the joint locks and grappling)

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi

It sounds like you may be locking out your elbow joints when you punch. Do you do hard fast punches in air? Not good! Keep those arms BENT!

3. snake_vs_crane

snake_vs_crane Valued Member

also always tense your arms a little when you punch, try it in slow motion and you will see it stops the arm from hyperextending.

4. maximus_tkd

maximus_tkd New Member

i know what your saying but seems to be happening from, well say your coming across in a block of any sort and stopping well before your arm is straight it is that last jolt right when you stop your arm

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Exactly what Yoda said, your hyperextending your elbows when you punch most likely. Make sure you hold back just a little when you punch.