Elbow Issue

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Alienfish360, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

I think that this is the most suitable area for this.

I have gone to doing no exercise to push ups and pull ups nearly everyday, and I think this has eventually caused me an injury.

I am unfortunately unable to get to see a GP for over a week so would like a little feedback from anybody who may have knowledge or experience.

On the inside of my right elbow if I feel just behind the joint (towards the armpit), and do a bicep curl motion, I can feel a clunk as the elbow moves through the motion.

Palm up makes it more noticeable, and palm down makes it less noticeable.

Now, I don't actually remember causing any trauma to this, and there is currently no pain in it either, a dull ache around the elbow, but I wouldn't say it has any pain.

I can feel it in the elbow doing a pressing motion, but I don't notice any symptoms punching pads or bags.

For now, I have stopped pull ups entirely, and cut down largely on the press ups, any other advice? Any suggestions on what this issue could be?

2. Alienfish360

To add to this, the knock happens at the same time every time, that is at 90degrees

3. Alienfish360

As an update to this, the Dr thinks it is the tendon sliding around over the elbow (tendonitis possible?), I have been referred for an X-Ray to check there is nothing else wrong with the joint.

Does tendonitis ever present with no pain?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Alienfish360

Finally, I have an appointment for results, which is Friday 11th

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Just saw this. I was going to say it sounds like you've got some small damage/inflammation of the tendon/ligament/thingey (I always get them the wrong way round).

Not heard of tendonitis causing no pain before, but since you have a dull ache that's probably your version of the pain from such an injury. Everyone feels it slightly differently at the end of the day.

Let us know how you get on buddy.

6. Alienfish360

The knock feels less pronounced, I am still training 3 days per week, but I have done no push or pull ups for about 4 weeks now, so hopefully I can carry on doing this and I will be fine.

Hopefully by logging it, somebody in the future may stumble across it while searching for similar issues.

7. Alienfish360

Went back for results today.

GP says they can't see any issue with the joint itself so it's just an inflamed tendon, and they gave me the go ahead to train as hard as I want with it so long as I don't get any pain from it.

If I do have pain, I can go back for steroid injections. Plan on doing an arms session with weights after the run this evening so I will see how it is then.

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Called it!

It's good to hear that the GP has given you the go ahead to train again.