Eight Pattern Wing Chun Book

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Misanthropist, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The first technique was absolutely pathetic

No pressure, no power and the uke reacted like a wet dishrag

The guy in the Zubaz pants has no skill at all; He flinches at his own shadow, his mechanics are sloppy and had he not outweighed the guy by about 50lbs he would still be stood there like a lemon

The "running away" option was at least viable as any of the other techniques would have resulted in your face being caved in

And I assume the demo at the end is an example of the "hidden energy" I know nothing about (despite the fact I have been doing that exact same demo of mechanics for 20 years)

stunning.....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJ4FeSC-aI&feature=autoplay&list=PL093A6E8F236594A9&lf=plpp_video&playnext=2"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJ4FeSC-aI&feature=autoplay&list=PL093A6E8F236594A9&lf=plpp_video&playnext=2[/ame]

3. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

Me thinks your only experience with real fighting was being shoved into lockers in high school. :cool:

4. Hannibal

Just when you think it cannot get worse...it does!

Absolute drivel

5. Hannibal

Yeah I LOL'd!

6. Misanthropist

Misanthropist Valued Member

i'm sorry, but this is just a misunderstanding. i wrote CERTAIN systema people. I believe there are pretty efficient systema styles as well.

7. Misanthropist

there is no strange hidden energy, don't put words in my mouth.

obviously you know about at least one wing chun power generation method. so can you actually use it in a fight? if yes, can you use it, without your opponent registering it before it's too late? if yes, can you do it from nearly any stance and position?

if you have answered all questions with yes, then you are quite good in some wing chun skills. making me wonder why you would not see the same I see in Matthias' videos. so I must assume you can only generate this kind of power in "demo mode". In that case you are probably one of the people who have "found" 1% of wing chun and now think that is it, i can do that.

or what else is it with you? i am wondering, you spend a lot of energy trying to tell me how bad our style is.

8. Hannibal

1) Yes

2) It is not directly for your benefit - it is more for those who have limited knowledge about martial arts

3) I am at work and in between dealing with prisoners this is as relaxing as it gets in jail so it is not really expending energy

9. Misanthropist

what, rooting? or what do you mean?