effective?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by HTC, Feb 22, 2005.

1. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

the ones that threw me were my fellow olympions and equal to my status in jujitsu in their respective art of judo, so you might say they were near my level on the pantheon. but make no mistake, once it went to the ground, i struck them with leperacy and gave them TB. :D no, seriously though, they were good to begin with, but once it was on the ground, i slaughterd them. after being thrown a few times, i decided to bypass this and go straight to my element. i smiled and sat down. :D no, i didn't invent grappling, not on my own. i sat down and had a long talk with jesus and we decided it was a good idea and that he would let me have credit as long as i kept evolution a secret........shhhhhh. {he dosen't know yet} :eek:

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

for someone who espouses realistic training thats fairly pathetic. if i was training with someone and they did that i would slap them upside the head for being an idiot.

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

notice the smiley? yeah, that equals sarcasim. i did sit down, but only momentarily, and no, they didn't like that, nor think it was funny, but i thought it was. :)

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

sorry, sarcasm is a bit hard to carry over a website. plus i was just watching that fight between sakuraba and the fellow with cornrows (i forget his name) and was thinking what an idiot he was to lie on the ground like that :D

5. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

TG are you saying you sat in an attempt to force the person to roll with you?
    i would wait in front of you waiting to round kick you in the head if you did that to me. ;)

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

he honestly just laid down? laid down? can we say STOMP? or jumping knee?

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

yeah, that was the idea, but it was more of a joke, i know, thats the first thought that comes to mind isn't it. but you'd be surprised a round kick and you wouldn't own your leg for too much longer, now a running soccer kick.......thats a diffrent story. :cry:

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah. so saku grabbed his leg and KICKED THE CRAP out of it. then grabbed his other leg and did the same. loltastic stuff.

actually the best counter ive seen for this is by duane ludwig, he would just do these big overhand falling punches into their guts. couple of those and he got one guy to tap cos he couldnt breathe.

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

ouch....talk about a bruise. a falling gut punch, wouldn't he run the risk of taking a BIG
    kick to the face. granted, if landed i don't see anyone taking nice deep breathes.

i saw a fight with Wandy and some other random guy, where he went in ass first as if hoping only to be kicked in the butt. it looked like he was gonna crap on the guy.

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

no he was shoving their legs out of the way first, and was starting the fall at a range where they couldnt really kick. unfortunately i cant find the vid anywhere, i have it on dvd.

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

TekkenGod, in my opinion your 'history' of Judo was flawed (look at Capt. Cowards to see why).

And calling Kano 'some guy'! :eek: He was the Helio Gracie of his day!

12. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Yup, this has gone way off topic.

Master Kano!

K

cheers for your comments btw Col

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

well if my history is "flawed" then i should execute everyone who tells and spreads the "flawed" lessons. :woo:

No disrespect to Kano, i just don't see why he had to take judo which was derived from jujitsu and after taking away some teachings and claim it to be better. but hey, the guy was an innovator of his time and does deserve recognition.

14. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

you dont pay much attention do you?

it was to do with the WAY it was taught. ju jitsu, with its teh deadly attacks, could not be trained in a live manner. judo, while still being quite capable of using moves that would end a fight, could be trained without people getting badly hurt or killed all the time. because they used LIVE training methods as opposed to the dead co operative drills that most ju jitsu schools of the time were using, kanos judoka simply beat everyone else.

15. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

if only kano had been in movies and spoken in cheesy platitudes.

tekkengod you should execute yourself for telling and spreading the flawed lessons. after all, that is what you did.

16. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

way ahead of you. :woo: :woo:

17. Freeform

Kano believed that the majority of Ju Jitsu schools taught 'tricks and techniques' to win fights. He belived that there wasn't a core set of basic principles that could be applied to any situation. Whilst developing Judo he sought to correct that.

As to taking the dangerous techniques out, he was in the process of trying to safely incorparate Atemi waza into randori when he died (yes folks, he hadn't 'finished' making Judo! :eek: ). It's commonly believed that his friend and student Tomiki (an Aikido and Judo Dan grade who went on to form Shodokan Aikido) was asked to assist incorparating Atemi into randori, his result is the randori that you see practiced by Shodokan/Tomiki Aikidoka.

18. Captain_Coward

Did not know that, i am sure there are sectios on Atemi in a number of Judo books i have read.
    It does not surprise me that he had not completed Judo though, as we all know that you never finish your judo education, even if you are the creator you continue to learn until you die.

K

19. Freeform

K, you don't have 'Kodokan Judo' by Jigaro Kano :eek:

I thought you had ALL the books! ;)

If your interested the style of Aikido taught at HWU is Shodokan :cool:

20. Captain_Coward

of course i do,

BUT i do not have the time to read them all unfortunately, just watched, Jeon a korean Judo Master, great DVD if anyone is interested.

K