Eastern Kentucky Martial Arts Schools

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chazz, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Just a heads up to anyone who may be moving to or living in eastern Kentuchy. There have been a rise of "Crap Schools". If you live in this area and want to start into the martial arts please check and ask around and get as much info on the school that you are thinkin about going to. Done be afraid to ask for qualifications.

-Chazz

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Well, just in case someone is looking for a good school in eastern KY, one that I'm familiar with is AFS in Richmond, KY. Scott Elliott, the head instructor and owner, is a top notch guy with an extensive background in Wing Chun and is also under Guro Dan Inosanto. At the school, they offer classes in JF/JKD, Muy Thai, Kali, Silat, Wing Chun, Savate, Grappling/Groundfighting, and Capoeira.

For more details, visit their website at http://www.afsacademy.com

Even if Richmond isn't near enough, Scott may know of a good school/instructor in your area.

Mike

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Some other good schools are The Family Academy of Martial Arts in Prestonsburg (under Mike Gambill) and in Allen (under ME*LOL*) Jim Porter havs a great Shao Lin School in Dwell. Master Kim at the University of KY has a great WTF tae kwon do school as well. For a list of some other school visit my links page on my site. www.georgiataekwondo.itgo.com